- Use of pet bottles is exploding. Stack, E. Gifford // Beverage Industry;May99, Vol. 90 Issue 5, p38
Reports on the prevalent use of polyethylene terephthalate (PET) bottles in the beverage and food packaging industries. Increase in the recycling of soft drink and PET bottles; Increase in the trend of PET custom usage; Test marketing for amber-colored PET beer bottle; Plastics industry groups...
- Recycled PET prices increase due to packaging advances. H.S.M. // Beverage Industry;May94, Vol. 85 Issue 5, p20
Focuses on the increase of recycled polyethylene (PET) prices due to packaging advances. Statistics on recoverable recycled waste products; PET bottle recycling operations; Prices of PET granulates and pellets; Effect of polyethylene to purchase price of PET.
- Contents under pressure. Toloken, Steve // Waste News;12/04/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 28, p3
Reports on the increasing pressure for the softdrink industry in the United States to use recycled-content polyethylene terephthalate (PET) bottles. Investment houses' support for the use of PET bottles; Goal of achieving 80 percent bottle recycling rate.
- Polymerization lacks demand. Johnson, Eric; Heinen, Russell // Plastics News;9/30/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 31, p6
Focuses on the state of polyethylene terephthalate (PET) recycling in Europe. Composition of PET recycling business in the continent; Growth in the collection of bottles; Percentage increase of forecasted PET waste from 2000ï¿½2006.
- Bottled water containers use more rPET. // Beverage Industry;Nov2015, p8
The article reports on the increasing use of recycled polyethylene terephthalate (rPET) in bottled water containers.
- Amcor expands site. Higgs, Richard // Plastics News;2/17/2003, Vol. 14 Issue 51, p4
Reports that polyethylene terephthalate (PET) packaging producer Amcor Ltd. has expanded its PET bottle recycling capacity at its recycling plant in Beaune, France. Plant's annual bottle processing capacity; Quantity of waste that the plant can reprocess; Percentage by which recycled PET...
- PET rate holds its own in '01. Toloken, Steve // Plastics News;9/16/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 29, pN3
Reports on the recycling rate of Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET) containers. Increase in PET collection; Amount of PET beverage containers; Decision of Coca-Cola Co. to use recycled content in bottles; Plan of soft drink industry to used recycled PET.
- Teijin: stop of PET bottle recycling. // Chemical Fibers International;Oct2005, Vol. 55 Issue 5, p278
The article reports that in June 2005 Teijin Fibers Ltd. of Osaka, Japan decided to suspend the operation of its used polyethylene terephthalate (PET) bottle recycling process at its Tokuyama plant. This was because the company was not able to purchase used bottle materials for recycling. With...
- Polyethylene Terephthalate. Miller, Chaz // Waste Age;May2002, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p104
Focuses on the uses of polyethylene terephthalate (PET) in the United States. Use of PET to make soft drink bottles; Decrease in the recycling rate of PET bottles; Production of polyester carpet from recycled PET bottles.
- Europeans recycling 40% more PET a year. // Plastics News;6/22/1998, Vol. 10 Issue 17, p25
Focuses on the increase of recycling of poly ethylene terephthalate (PET) containers in Europe. Estimation on the amount of PET bottles that were recycled during 1997; Reference to information from Petcore, the Amsterdam-based European PET container recycling organization.