- ATMOSPHERIC PRESSURE PLASMA TECHNOLOGIES FOR MODIFICATION OF TEXTILE SURFACE PROPERTIES. // BTRA Scan;Dec2012, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p14
The article presents a study which examined atmospheric pressure plasma technologies for modification of texture surface properties. The atmospheric pressure plasma polymerisation of three different fluorine monomers, namely perfluoromethylcyclohexane, perfluoromethyldecalin and...
- Cell responses to plasma polymers - implications for wound care. Mitchell, Emily; Smith, Louise Elizabeth // Wound Practice & Research;Jun2012, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p74
Materials used in modern wound dressings have been designed to provide optimum levels of hydration, pH and gas exchange for wound healing. However, materials that provide these properties do not always provide the optimum conditions for cell attachment and growth. Plasma polymerisation is a...
- Book details plasma surface modification. // Paint & Coatings Industry;Nov96, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p10
Presents the book of N. Inagaki which is the Plasma Surface Modification and Plasma Polymerization. Importance of the surface modification of polymer materials; Two problems in controlling the surface properties; Information contained in the book and about its author; Cost of the hardcover book.
- Mechanistic Investigations of Surface Modification of Carbon Black and Silica by Plasma Polymerisation. Mathew, T.; Datta, R. N.; Dierkes, W. K.; Noordermeer, J. W. M.; van Ooij, W. J. // Plasma Chemistry & Plasma Processing;Apr2008, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p273
Carbon black is widely used as an active filler in the rubber industry to improve the physical properties of rubber. The surface energy of carbon black is high compared to that of various elastomers like styreneâ€“butadiene rubber (SBR), butadiene rubber (BR) and...
- A NOVEL APPROACH FOR FUNCTIONALIZATION OF POLYESTER AND COTTON TEXTILES WITH CONTINUOUS ONLINE DEPOSITION OF PLASMA POLYMERS. Kale, Kiran H.; Palaskar, Shital S.; Kasliwal, Priyanka M. // BTRA Scan;Dec2012, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p1
The article presents a study which examined a novel approach for functionalization of polyester and cotton textiles with continuous online deposition of plasma polymers. Mainly by etching/activation and surface polymerisation/grafting, plasma treatment was observed to alter the surface...
- New Developments in Plasma Treatment of Cotton Nonwovens. Wolf, Rory // Proceedings of the Annual International Conference & Exhibition ;2013, p269
The article provides an overview of a study on the effects of low pressure plasma and atmospheric pressure plasma on quantitative surface modification of cotton nonwovens.
- PLASMA - THE UNIVERSE CONSPIRING TO REVOLUTIONISE THE DENTAL WORLD! Brar, Guransh; Sikri, Arpit // IDA Times;Oct2015, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p18
The article talks about Plasma and its applications in dentistry covering topics such as discovery and introduction of Plasma, surface modification of implants and Plasma cleaning.
- Plasma modification of polymethylmethacrylate and polyethyleneterephthalate surfaces. Gr�ning, P.; Collaud, M.; Dietler, G.; Schlapbach, L. // Journal of Applied Physics;7/15/1994, Vol. 76 Issue 2, p887
Reports on the noble gas and reactive gas plasma treatments of polymethylmethacrylate and polyethyleneterephthalate surfaces performed in an electron-cyclotron-resonance plasma. Details of the experiment; Surface modification as a function of the plasma treatment.
- PSAs TENACIOUSLY BOND to Non-Stick Film After Plasma Surface Treatment. Kaplan, Stephen L.; Naab, Douglas J. // Adhesives & Sealants Industry;
Examines the bonding of pressure sensitive adhesives (PSA) to fluoropolymer films. Use of cold gas plasma treatment for PSA application; Process of evaluating plasma-surface technology; Effects of plasma surface modification on fluoropolymer films.
- Application of plasma know-how in textile industries. Sujatha, K. // Indian Textile Journal;May2010, Vol. 120 Issue 8, p26
This article considers the use of plasma technologies in the textile industry. Thermal plasma and cold or non-equilibrium plasma are the two kinds of plasma technology for industrial processes. It notes that the grafting of a compound on the fibre or surface modification by means of discharges...