- New Waterborne System Unveiled. // Industrial Paint & Powder;Apr2002, Vol. 78 Issue 4, p8
Reports on the white-pearly automotive coating system unveiled by DuPont Co. Features of the system; Process of applying the system.
- PET Processing Enhancements Highlights Packaging Conference. Knights, Mikell // Plastics Technology;Apr2000, Vol. 46 Issue 4, p44
Highlights the Nova-Pack Americas 2000 Conference on polyethylene terephthalate (PET) bottle making held in Orlando, Florida. Process of coating a PET bottle according to DuPont Polyester; Factors that can be included in the first or second coating layer; Advantage of DuPont's barrier coating.
- DuPont completes PTMEG process trial. Wood, Andrew // Chemical Week;1/5/1994-1/12/1994, Vol. 154 Issue 1, p14
Reports on the pilot plant demonstrations of DuPont of a low-cost process for terathane polytetramethylene ether glycol. Reduction of acid waste byproducts; Use of a proprietary acidic catalyst to polymerize tetrahydrofuran.
- Clarification on new PET bottle process. // Plastics Technology;Dec97, Vol. 43 Issue 12, p48
Focuses on the clarification provided by the two firms regarding their involvement in the compression stretch-blow molding process for polyethylene terephthalate (PET) beverage containers in the United States. Involvement of DuPont Films company on the issue.
- Battle of the Barrier Coatings. Sherwood, Sonja // Beverage World;12/15/99, Vol. 118 Issue 1685, p12
Reports on the competition in barrier coatings development for beverage PET packaging. Information on the exterior silica-based coating called BESTPET developed by Krones AG and Leybold Systems GmbH; Exterior coating to be unveiled by DuPont company.
- DuPont Ready to Commercialize Improved Adiponitrile Catalyst. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;10/31/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 40, p15
Reports that DuPont has developed a catalyst system for its butadiene-to-adiponitrile process. Features of the system; Information on DuPont.
- DuPont's new copper-gold process. // Chemical Week;8/30/1995, Vol. 157 Issue 8, p36
Reports that DuPont has unveiled a cyanide-based copper extraction process that promises to boost copper and gold extraction efficiency while significantly cutting costs. Benefits of the patented process to low-grade copper and gold ore mining; Main feature of the process; Pilot operations.
- DuPont brings Rendez-Vous to Mumbai, plans wider base in India. // Indian Textile Journal;May2003, Vol. 113 Issue 8, p76
Reports on the preparation of DuPont Textiles & Interiors to expand its operations in India, as of May 2003. India's leading mills that unveiled their innovations with DuPont fibers; Consumer brands included in DuPont's portfolio; Brief background on the company.
- DuPont takes the plunge into life sciences. Hooper, Narelle // BRW;10/01/99, Vol. 21 Issue 38, p68
Discloses that DuPont Australia is testing the manufacture of a biodegradable polyethylene terepthalate (PET) plastic called Biomax. Components of Biomax; Use of Biomax for manufacturing plastic containers and utensils; Biotechnology businesses being developed by DuPont; Sale of DuPont's Conoco...
- DuPont and Teijin Take a Joint Role in Films. Westervelt, Robert // Chemical Week;2/17/1999, Vol. 161 Issue 6, p19
Reveals that DuPont company and Teijin company will form a 50-50 joint venture for polyethylene terephthalate (PET) and polyethylene naphthalate (PEN) polyester films. Capacity of the venture; Previous joint operation between DuPont and Teijin; Significance of the venture for DuPont;...