- MOL links business. Beacham, Will // European Chemical News;1/12/2004, Vol. 80 Issue 2082, p9
Reports on the move of Hungary's MOL to integrate the petrochemical activities of subsidiaries Slovnaft and TVK and create a unified management structure. Changes in the management of the production and trading activities of TVK and Slovnaft; Aim of TVK to ensure supply optimisation and...
- Petrochemicals consumption trends. Aiyar, Sharda // Chemical Business;Dec95, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p29
Reports on trends in the Indian petrochemical industry. Capacities and consumption trends of the chemical and fertilizer industries; Decanalization of imports of feed stocks; Anti-dumping duty imposed on dye to cheaper imports of various petrochemicals.
- Texpreneurs Federation seeks policy changes to make mill sector vibrant. // Colourage;Oct2015, Vol. 62 Issue 10, p128
The article focuses on memorandum submitted by D Prabu, Indian Texpreneurs' Federation (ITF) secretary, which highligted need of policy changes to develop textile sector in Tamil Nadu, India, issue of rationalisation of duty structure on Man-Made Fibres (MMFs) and issue of sourcing restrictions.
- China lifts duties on LG phenol. Hwee, Peh Soo // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;9/18/2006, Vol. 270 Issue 10, p15
The article reports on the announcement made by the Chinese government that it would lift antidumping duties on imports from South Korean producer LG Petrochemical. The decision is expected to reduce phenol spot prices due to increased competition. Duties on LG Petrochemical's cargoes is...
- Union Budget 2005-06. Marphatia, Ravi // Chemical Business;Mar2005, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p27
Provides an overview of the Union Government Budget which was presented by Indian Finance Minister P. Chidambaram on February 28, 2005. Budget for the automobile industry; Customs duty on basic petrochemicals; Excise duty on iron and steel products.
- Saudi tariff complaint. // Chemical Week;10/23/1996, Vol. 158 Issue 40, p7
Reports on Saudi Arabia's plans to file a complaint against the European Union's 12 percent import duty on petrochemicals once it gains membership in the World Trade Organization.
- Haldia Petro to save Rs 350 cr as Govt waives duty on naphtha. // Chemical Business;Jul2011, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p59
The article reports that Haldia Petrochemicals Ltd. will save an approximately 300 Indian rupees as the Indian government waived the 5% import duty on naphtha.
- Finance Minister ignores call to withdraw import duty on naphtha. // Popular Plastics & Packaging;Mar2011, Vol. 56 Issue 3, p62
The article discusses the refusal of the Indian Finance Ministry to remove the import duty on naphtha and its negative impact on the operations of Haldia Petrochemicals Ltd. in Bengal, India.
- chapter 4: Key Economic Sectors. // Hungary Business Forecast Report;2005 Quarter1, p26
The article presents information on key economic sectors in Hungary. During the 1990s the Hungarian chemical and petrochemical industry accounted for about one-fifth of industrial production (19.3% in 1994) and was the largest industrial sector after food processing. Since 1999 the country's oil...
- New dawn breaks. Lazell, Mark // Asian Chemical News;11/28/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 516, p12
The article analyzes the capability of Japan to be globally-competitive in the chemical industry. According to the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development, the country's medium-term annual economic growth rate is at 1.3 percent. The Japanese petrochemical industry is concerned on...