- PP Consumption Increase Steadily. Xiao Ming // China Chemical Reporter;8/26/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 24, p19
Reports on developments in the polypropylene (PP) industry in China. Number of PP producers in the country; Annual growth of PP consumption; Use of PP to produce braided products, film products and injection-molded products.
- Strong Demand Growth for PP Spoiled by Overcapacity. Wood, Andrew // Chemical Week;3/7/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 10, p43
Talks about the demand for polypropylene (PP) from 2000 to 2005. Expected growth of PP demand annually; Major metallocene PP producers; How margins of PP producers could be improved.
- Polypropylene Suffers From Overcapacity. Brown, Robert // Chemical Market Reporter;5/14/2001, Vol. 259 Issue 20, p3
Reports that the polypropylene (PP) market is suffering through a period of overcapacity. Average annual growth rate of the PP market; Factors attributed to the falling PP demand; Impact of run-up in natural gas costs on PP producers.
- European market trends for polyolefins. // Chemical Fibers International;Oct2013 Man-Made Fiber, p16
The article explores the state of the polyolefin textile industry of Europe in 2012 according to the annual market study conducted by industry representative European Association for Textile Polyolefins (EATP). Topics discussed include the lower as expected polypropylene (PP) staple fiber...
- Appryl and BP Amoco Form JV. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;6/16/1999, Vol. 161 Issue 23, p17
Announces that Elf Atochem and BP Amoco Chemicals plan to form a polypropylene (PP) joint venture. Focus of the venture; Annual capacity of the PP firm; Company that received PP technology license from BP Amoco in 1998.
- ...to Commercialize PP Process in Spain. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;1/9/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 2, p12
Reports on the plan of Dow Chemical to commercialize its polypropylene (PP) process at its petrochemical plant in Tarragona, Spain. Experiment conducted on the process; Reasons for developing the PP process; Annual PP capacity of Dow.
- Handle with special care. Hariharan, Malini // Asian Chemical News;5/19/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 402, p18
Discusses value-added grades of polypropylene (PP). Estimated global market for nine specialty type of PP in 2003; Speciality type of PP that enjoys the largest market among the nine speciality types of PP; Estimated number of high-crystallinity PP.
- Jam to invite PP private investors. // Asian Chemical News;1/19/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 430, p29
Reports on the invitation of Jam Petrochemical for private investors for its polypropylene (PP) project as of January 2004. Number of grades of PP to be produced by the project; Ethylene production of the PP project per year; Sources of the feedstock of the project.
- Formosa Starts Up PE and PP Units at point Comfort. Sim, Peck Hwee // Chemical Week;3/6/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 10, p37
Focuses on the polyethylene (PE) and polypropylene (PP) units brought by Formosa Plastics at Point Comfort, Texas. Number of PP trains in Point Comfort; Expected PP capacity by the end of the second quarter of 2002; Implication of the units for Formosa.
- Global comsumption of mPP set to increase. Raman, Radha // Chemical Business;Sep99, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p83
Predicts the increase on the global consumption of metallocene polypropylene (mPP) by 2003. Increase in the number of market players; Applications of mPP by 2003.