- Union Budget 2005-06. Marphatia, Ravi // Chemical Business;Mar2005, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p27
Provides an overview of the Union Government Budget which was presented by Indian Finance Minister P. Chidambaram on February 28, 2005. Budget for the automobile industry; Customs duty on basic petrochemicals; Excise duty on iron and steel products.
- India defends its poverty progress. // Eastern Eye;2/21/2014, Issue 1239, p17
The article offers information on the speech of Indian Finance Minister P. Chidambaram on February 17, 2014 which highlights the achievements of the government and the budget plans for 2014 including indirect taxes, fiscal deficit, and poverty reduction.
- FM begins work on rollout of Budget announcements. // FRPT- Finance Snapshot;3/9/2013, p1
The article informs that the work has already been started by the finance minister of India P. Chidambaram on the implementation of Budget 2013-14 prior to the approval from Parliament government of India.
- India Announces Pro-Poor Budget. // Asia Monitor: South Asia Monitor;Aug2004, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p2
India's new Congress-led government has presented its maiden budget promising real GDP growth of 7.0-8.0% fuelled by a 'new deal' for rural India and billions of rupees of investment in infrastructure. Palaniappan Chidambaram, a Harvard-educated lawyer who was made finance minister following the...
- SIMA welcomes level playing field. // Colourage;Jul2004, Vol. 51 Issue 7, p114
Reports on the Southern India Mills Association's response to the budget proposals announced by Finance Minister P. Chidambaram.
- AT DAGGERS DRAWN. // Business Today;3/3/2013, Vol. 22 Issue 5, following p70
The article presents information on changes made in Indian budget presented by Finance Ministers P. Chidambaram and Pranab Mukherjee. It informs that Chidambaram wanted to change the Direct Tax Code Bill introduced by Pranab Mukherjee in Parliament in 2010. It informs that Pranab Mukherjee...
- Stumble in full glare. Srivastava, Mihir; Ghosh, Padmaparna; Banerji, Olina; Kallury, Kruttika // India Today;6/20/2011, p5
The article discusses the Indian Government's defense of the police's raid on social activist and yoga guru Baba Ramdev's protest, which involved more than 50,000 followers, on June 5, 2011 at Ramlila Maiden in New Delhi. Union Home Minister P. Chidambaram claimed that the numbers of protesters...
- Chidambaram's Real Balance Sheet. Joshi, Rishi // Business Today;4/20/2008, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p23
The article analyzes the fiscal deficit of India. Farm loan waiver of Rupees 60,000 crore announced by Indian Finance Minister P. Chidambaram in the 2008-09 Union Budget and the recommendations of the Sixth Pay Commission would increase the fiscal deficit. These together will cost the central...
- Export lapses may be penalised. A.H. Sharda Aiyar // Chemical Business;Nov95, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p41
Reports on the steps planned by the Indian government to penalize erring exporters of chemical products. Comments from Minister P. Chidambaram.
- ICMF Pre-Budget Memorandum for 2005—06. // Colourage;Jan2005, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p105
This article outlines the Pre-Budget Memorandum submitted by ICMF Chairman V. K. Ladia to Finance Minister P. Chidambaram and Textile Minister Shankersinh Vaghela. The following are the specific measures required from the government: (1) Excise duty; (2) Customs duty, and; (3) Direct taxes.