- easyFairs shows how to inject life into brands. // Packaging Magazine;3/23/2006, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p17
The article presents the highlights of the EasyFairs Innovations that was held at the National Exhibition Center in Birmingham, England on March 8-9, 2006. At the trade show, MAP Systems Inc. has unveiled its film-lidded barrier board tray for displaying fresh meat and ready meals. CGP...
- New film offers longer shelf-life. // Food Manufacture;Feb2013, Vol. 88 Issue 2, p43
The article offers information on film technology that helps in improving the packaging for ambient ready meals including raw meat, vegetables and sauces in Great Britain. It mentions that the KM Packaging developed the ovenable lidding films used with crystalline polyethylene terephthalate tray...
- Ready-cook lid innovation. // Packaging Magazine;3/6/2003, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p6
Reports on the development of ready-cook meals lid by Print Design & Graphics in England. Lid features; Benefits of the lid for the ready-cook food industry; Production process of the lid.
- Venting the pressure. // Food Manufacture;Jan2004, Vol. 79 Issue 1, p19
Features the pre-applied valve lidding system for microwave ready meals using heat-sensitive materials to manage in-pack pressure during the steam cooking process. Other advantages of the system.
- APT puts itself on the map. // Food Engineering & Ingredients;Apr2004, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p24
Examines packaging supplier Associated Packaging Technologies' proprietary technology for its CPET trays for ready meals in Europe. Resin formula for the company's food trays; Breakage rate for food trays in the industry; Price gap between the company's ready meal trays and paperboard trays.
- Ready meals let off steam. // Packaging Magazine;1/8/2004, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p2
Features a lidding system and pressure cook system for microwave ready meals developed by FFP Packaging Solutions. Background on the firm's Esterstream lidding film with a special valve that automatically vents part way through the cook cycle to enable any steam from the product to escape;...
- Fast food develops taste for trays. // Packaging Magazine;9/23/2004, Vol. 7 Issue 17, p6
Reports on the use of the trays from Sharp Interpack Ltd. by Sainsbury PLC for its Taste the Difference ready meals in Great Britain. Design of the trays; Uses of the tray; Features of the tray.
- Entry level tray sealer. // Packaging Magazine;9/9/2004, Vol. 7 Issue 16, p17
The article informs about the introduction of PR30 model compact entry-level tray sealer by heat-sealing solutions supplier Proseal UK, of Macclesfield. This tray sealer is said to be ideal for ready meals and other fresh and long life food applications, including salads, fruit, meat and fish....
- Tray sealing system. // Food Manufacture;Feb2005, Vol. 80 Issue 2, Special section p13
Introduces AEW Delford Systems' TS250 modified atmosphere packaging tray sealer, which has been designed for fresh produce, meat, fish and ready meals. Tray configurations that can be handled by the sealer; Maximum number of cycles that the TS250 can run per minute; Contact number for AEW...
- D2 Europack foils Italian job. // Packaging Magazine;1/12/2006, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p12
The article reports on the ready meal supplied by D2 Europack in Italy. The company manufactured half gastronome size aluminum foil trays of frozen meal with hood lids securely craped up over the sides for delivery to local hotels and restaurants. Brian Goodhand, joint owner, was impresses by...