- Dart honored for pursuit of EPS recycling. Holbrook, Jessica // Plastics News;6/3/2013, Vol. 25 Issue 12, p0004
The article profiles the polystyrene foam food packaging and expanded polystyrene recycling company Dart Container Corp. as of June 2013. Topics include an award received by the company for expanded polystyrene (EPS) recycling from the EPS Industry Alliance trade group, its initiatives with cup...
- Effect of Nanoclay on Flammability Behavior and Morphology of Nanocomposites from Wood Flour and Polystyrene Materials. Nemati, Mohammad; Eslam, Habibollah Khademi; Talaeipour, Mohammad; Bazyar, Behzad; Samariha, Ahmad // BioResources;2016, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p748
The flammability behavior of wood/plastic nanocomposites made from recycled polystyrene, wood flour, and nanoclay were investigated in this study. The wood flour was mixed, using the two weight ratios of 40 wt.% and 60 wt.% with recycled polystyrene, and nanoclay was added at 0 wt.% and 5 wt.%....
- Recycling issues vary with markets. Smith, Sarah S. // Waste News;11/4/96, Vol. 2 Issue 25, p20
Presents information challenges found in the recycling of plastics. Types of plastic materials recycled; Information on polyethylene teraphthalate; Comments from PET plastics recycling vice president Dennis Sabourin; Information on polystyrene recyclers.
- Recyclers plan to weather downturn. Smith, Sarah S. // Waste News;11/4/96, Vol. 2 Issue 25, p21
Reports on changes in the plastic recycling industry in the United States. Comments from Joe Granda, president of National Polystyrene Recycling Company; Decreases in the industry of plastics recycling; Lack of public interest in plastics recycling.
- Polystyrene market-trends. Rangarajan, S. // Popular Plastics & Packaging;Oct2014, Vol. 59 Issue 10, p20
The author reflects on the growth of the global market for polystyrene, an inexpensive and lightweight plastic made from the monomer styrene. Topics covered include the direct relation between the demand for consumer products and home appliances and the demand for polystyrene, the issue of...
- Recycling biz moves HQ to New Jersey. // Crain's Chicago Business;2/21/94, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p50
Reports on the relocation of the headquarters of National Polystyrene Recycling Co. from Chicago, Illinois to Bridgeport, New Jersey.
- REM introduces its latest compaction system. // Resource Recycling;Dec2009, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p39
The article evaluates the expanded polystyrene (EPS) compaction system from Recycling Equipment Manufacturing Inc.
- Business Trends. // BioCycle;Jun2000, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p27
Presents information on the report `Wood Recycling, How to Process Materials for Profitable Markets,' which reviewed the changes in wood residuals and the wood recycling industry. How to earn profits from recycling wood; Other findings of the report.
- Recyclers to stick it out despite industry downturn. Smith, Sarah // Plastics News;9/30/1996, Vol. 8 Issue 31, p1
Presents information on the problems affecting the recycling industry in the United States. Perceptions of plastics industry supporters; Indepth look at the benefits of recycling; Comments from Joe Granda, president of National Polystyrene Recycling Company.
- Hotel's tidy trash saves cash, earth. Brydolf, Libby // San Diego Business Journal;8/2/93, Vol. 14 Issue 31, p12
Reports on the unveiling of a polystyrene compacting machine for recycling use by the Loews Coronado Bay Resort. Compacting of foam containers for recycling process; Resort's switch from paper cups; Cups Are Recyclable (CARE) program; Experience of San Diego Zoo, California with polystyrene.