- OFF DUTY WITH THE GUARD. // Daily Mail;1/28/2017, p29
OLD AND THE NEW Tom Doorley hails established restaurant that is also modern ITALY ON A BUDGET Weekend Travel goes camping in breathtaking Lake Garda
- Crash diet at the ADC. Shermata, Davis // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;2/7/94, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p14
Says that while Alberta Agriculture Minister Walter Paszkowski has proposed cutting 30% from his ministry's budget, some farm groups say the minister hasn't gone far enough. Planned merger of the Agricultural Development Corporation with Alberta Hail and Crop Insurance Corporation; Criticism of...
- Maryland Budget Good for State, Bad for Localities, Moody's Says. Glazier, Kyle // Bond Buyer;5/30/2012, p4
The article reports on the warning of Moody's Investors Service Inc. that the new budget hailed and signed by Governor Martin O'Malley can hurt the credits of more than 20 municipalities.
- E-hail apps stall in taxi pileup. ELKIN, ALI // Crain's New York Business;2/18/2013, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p1
The article reports on regulatory challenges associated with the New York City Taxi and Limousine Commission (TLC)-proposed development of the e-hail mobile application software which would allow passengers to hail and pay for taxicabs using their smartphones.
- New York Budget Is Late Again, While Education Demands Loom Ahead. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;3/31/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31853, p48
Reports on the budget of New York for fiscal 2004. Proposed spending for education; Budget reform conference; Proposed budget by governor George Pataki.
- N.Y. Lawmakers: Pataki Budget Has Too Little for Education. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;1/22/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31805, p3
Reports on the arguments in the proposed budget of Governor George Pataki in New York. Impact of the proposed budget on the spending of the state; Less funding for education; Sources of the budget.
- Taxi Medallion CUs Lending Apace Despite NYC Law. SAMAAD, MICHELLE A. // Credit Union Times;5/28/2014, Vol. 25 Issue 21, p3
The article focuses on the state of credit unions (CUs) in New York after a year wherein the Hail Accessible Interborough License (HAIL) Act was upheld by the New York State Court of Appeals. Topics discussed include how Taxicab Services Association (TSA) filed a suit to block the implementation...
- Bank Group Endorses $6B Farm Aid Deal. Anason, Dean // American Banker;10/16/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 199, p2
Reports that banking and agricultural groups have hailed a $6-billion emergency aid package for farmers. Deal hammered out by the White House and congressional negotiators on October 15, 1998 amid last-minute budget negotiations; Differences in the amount Republicans and Democrats had proposed...
- Mark Green submits alternate budget, restoring services. Browne, J. Zamgba // New York Amsterdam News;3/25/95, Vol. 86 Issue 12, p35
Presents alternative budget proposals by Mark Green, public advocate, as a response to the budget proposals of New York Mayor, as reported on March 25, 1995. Details of the proposal.
- LAPL seeks to trade branch names for bucks. B.G. // American Libraries;Jun95, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p501
Reports on the Los Angeles City Council's approval of the Los Angeles Public Library's proposal to rename branches after benefactors. Minimum donations for renaming; Hailing of program as means of achieving `true equity'; Allocation of donations to new initiatives.