Worlds lost and found
- Exploring Lake Wairarapa's turbulent history. FRANÇOIS, NATASHA // North & South;Mar2011, Issue 300, p28
The article reports on a social history exhibition which is being organized to raise public awareness of the Lake Wairarapa. New Zealand, and its endangered wildlife habitat through archival photos, paintings, taonga and video.
- Museum opens door on Northwest. Korbulic, Mary // Oregon Business Magazine;Jul94, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p13
Reports on the opening of the Pacific Northwest Museum of Natural History in Ashland, Oregon. Description of the museum; Features of the Discovery Center and the Treasures of the Northwest exhibit hall; Purpose of the computer stations; Expected number of visitors; Effect on the local economy...
- Museum Events. // Natural History;Dec2007/Jan2008, Vol. 116 Issue 10, p70
A calendar of exhibitions at the American Museum of Natural History in New York City is presented including "Water: H[sub 2]O = Life," "Mythic Creatures: Dragons, Unicorns, and Mermaids," and "Undersea Oasis: Coral Reef Communities."
- What a lovely baby! Bhattacharya, Shaoni // New Scientist;6/14/2014, Vol. 222 Issue 2973, p50
The article reviews the exhibition "Mammoths: Ice Age Giants" at the Natural History Museum in London, England, through September 7, 2014.
- Natural History Exhibits. Emerson, Claudia // Southern Review;Winter2003, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p24
Presents the poem 'Natural History Exhibits.'
- Play in the rain(forest) at the wildlife 'Rainforest Adventure Exhibit'. // Jackson Advocate;1/31/2013, Vol. 75 Issue 17, p17A
The article offers information on the "Rainforest Adventure" exhibition held at the Museum of Natural Science in the Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries, and Parks in Jackson, Mississippi from January 26-May 12 2013.
- Land of the Lost. Cohen, Adam Buckley // Oklahoma Today;Nov/Dec2000, Vol. 50 Issue 6, p34
Features the Sam Noble Oklahoma Museum of Natural History in Norman, Oklahoma. Account on the history of the museum; Efforts of Dr. Michael Mares, museum director, to raise awareness for the museum; Details on several exhibits. INSETS: Head of the Class (labor of success), by Adam Buckley...
- Nebraska exhibit celebrates history of the bison. BURK, SHAY // Native American Times;11/26/2010, Vol. 16 Issue 48, p7
The article reviews the exhibition "The Bison: American Icons" at The Hastings Museum of Natural and Cultural History in Hastings, Nebraska.
- Okla. contractor does sheet metal work for new museum. Clepper, Irene // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;10/13/97, Vol. 202 Issue 7, p9
Reports on the ACP Sheet Metal Co.'s sheet metal work for the Sam Noble Oklahoma Museum of Natural History in Oklahoma City. Value of the contract; Features of the sheet metal work; Background on the establishment of the company by founder and president Harold Dills.