Adult moral development
- Social and political complexity and moral development. Tudin, P.; Straker, G. // South African Journal of Psychology;Sep94, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p163
Presents information from a study which investigated the relationship between L. Kohlberg's stages of moral development, and exposure to political and social complexity. Sample used in the study; How data was obtained; Examination of Kohlberg's theoretical construct; Results of the study;...
- Beyond discipline. Kohn, Alfie // Education Week;11/20/96, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p48
Commentary. Contends that whether assertive or logical, consequences fail to promote ethical development. Details on assertive discipline; Control through seduction; Punishment as logical consequences.
- The development of moral beliefs: A retrospective study. Gessner, Theodore L.; O'Connor, Jennifer A. // Current Psychology;Fall93, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p236
Presents a retrospective study of the development of moral beliefs. Beliefs about outcomes; Social concerns; Beliefs about humanity; Regression analyses for developmental antecedents to beliefs.
- Can lost morality be restored in modern societies? Himmelfarb, Gertrude // American Enterprise;Nov/Dec95, Vol. 6 Issue 6, p72
Discusses the effect of technological transformation on modern society's morality. Causes of social and moral problems besetting America; Effect of technological transformation of the Victorian England on the country's tradition, religion and morality; Deterioration of morality in England and...
- Calibrating a child's moral compass. Bennett, William J. // Curriculum Review;Jan1996, Vol. 35 Issue 5, Shop Talk for Teachers p1
Stresses the need to offer children unequivocal and reliable moral standards to help them through life's journey.
- Ethical Development of Accounting Students, Non-Accounting Business Students, and Liberal Arts Students. Jeffrey, Cynthia // Issues in Accounting Education;Spring93, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p86
Determines the differences in moral development levels across different majors and between lower division and senior college students at one institution. Cognitive development theory of moral development; Use of the Defining Issues Test (DIT); Operationalization of variables; Higher ethical...
- Does Peter Pan corrupt our children? Habermas, Ron // Christianity Today;3/8/93, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p30
Focuses on the five misconceptions of faith and psychological development. Why childlikeness is not childish; Why doubt is not disbelief; Why inherited faith is not enough; Why beliefs are not good slogans; Why faith is never static; How these relate to children; Use of the story Peter Pan to...
- A cross-sectional study of moral development in the South African context. Smith, Kevin; Parekh, Angina // Psychological Reports;Jun96, Vol. 78 Issue 3, p851
Explores differences in moral development between black and white South Africans. Examination of aspects of Kohlberg's claims of universality within a unique research context; Age-relatedness of Kohlberg's stages of moral development; Different concerns of black and white groups when justifying...
- Moral actions speak louder than any words. Warwick, David // People Management;11/21/1996, Vol. 2 Issue 23, p45
Argues that a liberal, consistent work ethic will do more to boost morality in schools that any amount of preaching. Information about the National Forum for Values in Education and the Community; Results of the consultation on values in education and the community; Solutions for the moral...