Battling motion picture pirates in turbid international waters
- Hamburg to host anti-piracy talks. Spahr, Wolfgang // Billboard;8/19/95, Vol. 107 Issue 33, p49
Reports on the International Antipiracy Conference in Hamburg, Germany, on November 16, 1995. Number of expected delegates; Number of countries represented; Major issues to be discussed.
- Coalition Asks EU For Help To Deter Piracy. CENDROWICZ, LEO // Billboard;11/9/2002, Vol. 114 Issue 45, p8
Deals with the lobbying effort initiated by a coalition of film and music industries on October 29, 2002 for the European Union to impose stiff penalties to help deter piracy. Members of the coalition; Threat posed by the problem of piracy to the industries; Aim of the draft directive issued by...
- Rights holders form org to target piracy. Stern, Christopher // Daily Variety;02/15/2000, Vol. 266 Issue 53, p4
Reports on the establishment of the Copyright Assembly. Threats to the way copyright owners conduct business; Digital copying of electronic materials.
- They're out to get you. Matthews, Robert // New Scientist;12/15/2001, Vol. 172 Issue 2321, p23
Features an anti-piracy technology used to track down pirated books, pictures and music on the Internet. Concept of the digital fingerprinting method; Analysis of the actual contents of the file; Generation of a unique identification code or fingerprint.
- Holograms to be used in Flapf's anti-piracy effort. Clark-Meads, Jeff // Billboard;11/23/96, Vol. 108 Issue 47, p10
Discusses the efforts to prevent recording piracy in Latin America. The use of holograms by the anti-piracy outfit Flapf to make illegitimate albums immediately recognizable; Comments from Flapf executive Gabriel Abaroa; The importance of immediate recognition.
- WHO'S HELPING TO BUILD THIS MOVEMENT. // Boxoffice;Nov2012, Vol. 148 Issue 11, p14
The article presents quotes from several entertainment industry professionals in the U.S. including Louise Runge arguing on the impact of content theft, Adam Dick on piracy prevention, and Frank Davis on the need to combat content theft.
- A WARNING ON PIRACY. Oppelaar, Justin // Daily Variety;2/14/2003, Vol. 278 Issue 32, p6
Reports on the release of a set of guidelines on Internet piracy for top corporations in the U.S. Citations of the producers of the guide; Coverage; Availability of suggestions for preventing Internet piracy in the guide.
- TPB: WE'RE LEGITIMATE. // Music Week;5/4/2012, Issue 18, p1
The article focuses on the statement of The Pirate Bay regarding the piracy issues it faced in Great Britain, in which it tells that the Western countries all complaints concerning the censorship in China, Iran, Saudi Arabia and other countries.
- Italy's piracy fight escalates. Dezzani, Mark // Billboard;02/28/98, Vol. 110 Issue 9, p50
Talks about the efforts of the Federation Against Music Piracy (FPM) in Italy to reduce the instances of music piracy in the late 1990s. Success in 1996; Difficulty in catching smugglers along the Adriatic coastline; Increased number of piracy cases involving recordable compact discs; The FPM's...