Paperbacks for YA
- Paperbacks and Progress against Illiteracy. Coil, Suzanne M. // School Library Journal;Apr78, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p35
Elaborates on the increasing influence of paperback books on the reading habits of young people in the United States. Need for paperback publishers to provide paperbacks that children can and want to read; Ways of encouraging young people to form reading habits.
- Popular paperbacks for young adults 1998. // School Library Journal;Mar98, Vol. 44 Issue 3, p113
Presents the Young Adult Library Services Association's (YALSA) list of 1998 popular paperbacks for young adults. Members of the YALSA committee; Selection in the adult mysteries for teens category; Facing nature head on category; Selection in the feel-good books category; Books in the...
- Paperbacks for YA. White, Valerie // Emergency Librarian;Jan/Feb93, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p61
Comments on a variety of books for young adults. `A Candidate for Murder,' by Joan Lowery Nixon; `Jack's Back,' by Norah McClintock; `Shadows on the Wall,' by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor.
- Adult books for young adults: Fiction. Jones, Trevelyn E.; Toth, Luann // School Library Journal;Sep96, Vol. 42 Issue 9, p239
Reviews several adult books recommended as reading materials for young adults in the United States. Includes `The Cure for Death by Lightning,' by Gail Anderson-Dargatz; `Maiden Voyage,' by Cynthia Bass; `Tell Me a Tale,' by James McEachin; `The Last of the Savages,' by Jay McInerney.
- Young Adults' Choices for 1997. // Journal of Adolescent & Adult Literacy;Nov97, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p209
Presents the books included in the 1997 Young Adults' Choice list for young adults in the United States. Includes `Bearing Witness: Stories of the Holocaust,' selected by Hazel Rochman and Darlene Z. McCampbell; `The Bomb,' by Theodore Taylor; `The Hate Crime,' by Phyllis Karas.
- Paperbacks for young adults. Tait, Sue; Tyson, Christy // Emergency Librarian;Mar/Apr90, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p61
Reviews the paperbacks for young adults. `The Arizona Kid,' by Ron Koertge; `The Cats,' by Joan Phipson,' `The New Girl,' by R.L. Stine; `Silver,' by Norma Fox Mazer; More.
- Girl goddesses: Stories of strength. Chance, Rosemary, // Emergency Librarian;Jan/Feb97, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p54
Reviews books for young adults. Includes `Danger Game,' by Julie Lawson; `Evil Encounter,' by Sonia Levitin; `Eyes of a Stranger,' by Sharon E. Heisel.
- Send for. // School Library Journal;Jun95, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p44
Features several literature for young adults. Includes Bank Street College's `1995 Children's Books of the Year'; Information on the 1995 Children's Book Week; `Regional Laboratory for Educational Improvement of the northeast & Islands' `Opportunity-to-Learn Standards: Questions & Answers.
- Best books for young adults, 1996. White, Billie Kaye; Allen, Christine // Booklist;3/15/96, Vol. 92 Issue 14, p1274
Presents a listing of best books for young adults for 1996 in various categories. `Slow Dance Heart Break Blues,' by Arnold Adoff; `Parallel Journeys,' by Eleanor Ayer, others; `Bearing Witness: Stories of the Holocaust,' edited by Hazel Rochman and Darlene Z. McCampbell; More.