Lloyd's advocates external regulation
- Lloyd's Document Is Road Map For Transforming Of Enterprise Into Modern, Transparent, Profitable Market. // Insurance Advocate;7/22/2002, Vol. 113 Issue 27, p40
Reports the proposals of insurance company Lloyd's of London for business enterprises.
- Capacity trading draws crowd. Goddard, Sarah // Business Insurance;10/19/98, Vol. 32 Issue 42, p17
Highlights the 1998 syndicate capacity auctions at Lloyd's of London. Record prices generated by the capacity auctions; Corporate investors' desire to increase their participation in the syndicates they manage; Bilateral deals; Largest amounts traded in the syndicate capacity auctions.
- World Updates. // Business Insurance;01/14/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p27
Reports developments in business insurance as of January 2002. Negotiations for sell of CGU Courtage of multiline insurer CGNU P.L.C.; Deals between Toro Assicurazioni S.p.A. and La Fondiaria Assicurazioni S.p.A.; Increase in Lloyd's of London syndicates capacity.
- Late News. // Business Insurance;9/16/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 37, p2
Reports developments related to business insurance in the U.S. as of September 2002. Package of reforms designed to modernized the market by Lloyd's of London Co.; Compensation from the federal victims fund of the September 11 terrorist attacks; Certification of a number of states by the...
- World Updates. // Business Insurance;9/30/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 39, p21
Reports global developments related to business insurance as of September 2002. Opposition of Chubb Corp. to the private stock offering of Hiscox PLC; Conversion of defined benefit pension plan to defined contribution plan at Prudential PLC; Improvement of profits at Lloyd's of London companies.
- Product & Services. // Business Insurance;3/10/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 10, p40
Presents information on products and services related to business insurance. Facilities offered by Disaster Recovery Yellow Pages which is available in CD-ROM format; Service introduced by Investigation Technologies LLC which can check for criminal records of job applicants; Insurance from...
- Brokers see hurdles to Lloyd's access. Miller, Peta // Business Insurance;8/2/2004, Vol. 38 Issue 31, p17
Foreign brokers accredited by Lloyd's of London Co.'s under its 2001 plan to create global access to the market are having mixed success. Several firms based outside the Great Britain say that Lloyd's is still a market in which a physical presence is necessary and that their ability to place...
- Bid failure insurable. Unsworth, Edwin // Business Insurance;07/13/98, Vol. 32 Issue 28, p17
Reports that underwriters at Lloyd's of London and TOI Corporate Services Limited have formulated an insurance policy that allows companies to insure the risk of financial losses from failed takover bids or merger negotiations. Details on this policy called Aborted Bid Costs Insurance.
- Stability important to Lloyd's success. McLeod, Douglas // Business Insurance;8/20/2007, Vol. 41 Issue 34, p18
The article presents information on London, England-based reinsurance company Lloyd's of London. The company was voted the best overall property/casualty reinsurer in "Business Insurance" magazine's 2007 Readers Choice Awards. In 2007, Standard & Poor's Corp. and Fitch Ratings raised their...