American identity and neutral rights from independence to the War of 1812
- War on Lake Ontario: A costly victory at Oswego, 1814. Malcomson, Robert // Beaver;Apr/May95, Vol. 75 Issue 2, p4
Presents a narrative regarding the battle at Lake Oswego in Ontario, Canada in 1814 between American and British forces during the War of 1812. Lieutenant General Gordon Drummond as the head of British forces in Upper Canada; Commandant Melancthon Woolsey as the head of American forces at...
- Young and independent the War of 1812. Walker, Michelle // Cobblestone;Mar1996, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p18
Reports on the War of 1812, the war between the United States and Great Britain. Historical precedents that prompted the war; Opposition of the United States against impressment where Americans were forced to serve the British Army; Naval battles fought during the war; Effect of the victories...
- Tecumseh's last stand. Freehoff, William Francis // Military History;Oct96, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p30
Recounts the American land victory in the War of 1812, called the Battle of Thames, fought on Canadian soil. Death of Indian leader Tecumseh; Military strategy used by William Henry Harrison during the battle.
- War of 1812. // Rourke's Native American History & Culture Encyclopedia;Sep2009, Issue 9, p27
Information on the War of 1812 between the U.S. and Great Britain until 1815 is presented.
- The War of 1812. // Monkeyshines on America;Jan2003 U.S. Events 1812-1837, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p15
Focuses on military history of the U.S. related to the war of 1812.
- AMERICAN HISTORY: 1812 AMERICA'S "SECOND REVOLUTION". Mickey, Donald // Junior Scholastic;3/19/2012, Vol. 114 Issue 12, p16
The article offers information on the War of 1812, between U.S. troops and Great Britain for an invasion of Canada.
- Politics and Government. Weisburg, Hilda K. // School Librarian's Workshop;Oct/Nov2012, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p2
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the author discusses various reports published within the issue including one on the War of 1812 between the U.S. and the British Empire and another on the Middle Ages.
- 1812-1815. // Rourke's Native American History & Culture Encyclopedia;Oct2009, Issue 10, p20
Information on the War of 1812 fought between the U.S. and Great Britain is presented.
- War of 1812 primer. // Canadian Geographic;Jan/Feb2012, Vol. 132 Issue 1, p49
The article presents information related to the War of 1812 between Great Britain and the U.S.