- Controlling leachate when your juice gets loose. Dunson, Cheryl L. // World Wastes;Mar1997, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p28
Discusses political, regulatory and demographic limitations that have posed significant demands on landfill managers' abilities to cope with leachate treatment and disposal. Subtitle D regulations on various landfill standards; Association of stigmas and political problems on the disposal of...
- System evaporates landfill's leachate. Leonard, John // Waste News;09/22/97, Vol. 3 Issue 19, p26
Focuses on the development of a leachate evaporation system by Emcon company, that reduces leaching problems at solid waste landfills. Information on the system; Insight on the use of the system by USA Waste Services Incorporated's Olympic View landfill; Details on the reviewing of the system...
- Lay leachate lay. Doran, Fred // Waste Age;Apr99, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p74
Describes approaches in recirculating leachate in sanitary landfills in the United States. Acceleration of waste biodegradation; Ways to reapplying leachate; Pipe networks used to recirculate leachate; Cost savings from leachate recirculation. INSETS: Recirculation's upside;Recirculation's...
- Unusual calcite stromatolites and pisoids from a landfill leachate collection system. Maliva, Robert G.; Missimer, Thomas M. // Geology;Oct2000, Vol. 28 Issue 10, p931
Examines the low-magnesium calcite stromatolites and pisoids from a landfill leachate collection system in Palm Beach County, Florida. Structural formations of stromatolites and pisoids; Role of bacteria in calcite crystal nucleation; Effects of bacteria-catalyzed calcite precipitation on...
- Influence of Seasonal Variation onthe Biophysicochemical Properties of Leachate and Groundwater in Cebu City Sanitary Landfill, Philippines. Galarpea, V. R. K.; Parilla, R. B. // International Journal of Chemical & Environmental Engineering;Jun2012, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p175
Characterization of leachate and groundwater composition in Cebu City Sanitary Landfill, Central Philippines has been studied during wet and dry seasons. Selected bio-physicochemical parameters were assessed for temperature, pH, electrical conductivity EC, TDS, TSS, TS, DO, BOD5, COD, coliform...
- New facility. // World Wastes;Jan1998, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p14
Announces the opening of a leachate pretreatment facility at the Waste Management Inc.-owned Iris Glen Environmental Center in Johnson City, Tennessee. Features of the facility include a semi-continuous biological processes using aerobic and anoxic operating conditions.
- Ill. landfill worries EPA. // Waste News;03/15/99, Vol. 4 Issue 44, p23
Reports that the Illinois Environmental Protection Agency has hired a contractor to start pumping leachate out of the Paxton II landfill beginning March 15, 1999.
- Biological treatment of landfill leachate. Golueke, Clarence // BioCycle;Sep95, Vol. 36 Issue 9, p28
Presents an abstract of the article `Behavior of heavy metals in activated sludge and biological treatment of landfill leachate,' by F.G. Avezzu et al as published in volume 13 of `Waste Management & Research' periodical published in 1995.
- Md. county hopes to make landfill bioreactor. Acohido, Byron // Waste News;09/06/99, Vol. 5 Issue 17, p11
Discloses plans of the Carroll County Commission in Maryland to convert its landfill into a bioreactor designed to use its own leachate to accelerate decomposition. United States Environmental Protection Agency ruling on leachate circulation systems; Cost savings.