Are your workers accidents waiting to happen?
- Job Hazards in the Waste Industry. Drudi, Dino // Compensation & Working Conditions;Summer99, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p19
Presents information on a study which focused on hazards confronting waste industry workers. Details on the two essential functions that make up the waste industry; Refuse collection and disposal; Recycling; Conclusion.
- Personnel. // Waste News;10/28/96, Vol. 2 Issue 24, p25
Presents information on appointments of employees of the waste management industry in the United States. Promotion of Robert L. Johnson to vice president, sales and marketing of AGRU/American Incorporated.
- Personnel. // Waste News;06/16/97, Vol. 3 Issue 5, p25
Presents information on promotions and appointments of employees in the refuse disposal industry in the United States. Appointment of Brian W. Sturgell as executive vice-president of Alcan Aluminum Limited.
- Personnel. // Waste News;02/03/97, Vol. 2 Issue 37, p15
Presents information on personnel changes within the waste management industry in the United States. Dempster Equipment's hiring of Chuck Messinger as manager of production operations; Naming of William E. Higginbotham as president of ET Environmental Corporation; Volvo GM Heavy Truck...
- RECYCLING AND WASTE MANAGEMENT. Mack, Danielle // njbiz;12/26/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 52, p129
A list of the top recycling and waste management firms in New Jersey as ranked by the number of New Jersey employees in 2011 is presented, which includes Tilcon New York, Covanta Holding Corp., and Republic Services of NJ LLC.
- Who is the most visible municipal worker? Knapp, Bill // World Wastes;Apr98, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p18
Stresses the importance of employee training and safety in the profitability of a waste management company. Value of having strong ties between haulers and the community they serve; Case of a solid waste group in Los Angeles, California.
- 2 leave posts in Fla. over truck weights. Peltier, Michael // Waste News;07/06/98, Vol. 4 Issue 8, p7
Reports that two solid waste officials in Seminole County, Florida, lost their jobs after an investigation revealed violations involving the solid waste fleet of the county. Details of the investigation; Names of the officials who lost their jobs; Number of times the county has been cited since...
- Employees feel pinch. Truini, Joe // Waste News;07/12/99, Vol. 5 Issue 9, p25
Reports on the reduction of the workforce of major solid waste companies in the United States.
- Earnings. // Waste News;10/28/96, Vol. 2 Issue 24, p25
Provides statistical information on wages of employees of the waste management industry in the United States.