Concrete & asphalt reuse: How Halton paved the way to savings
- Deconstruction project begun. // C&D Debris Recycling;Jul97, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p7
Announces the launching of a pilot project to demonstrate the advantages of materials recovery at a demolition site. Agencies and organizations behind the project; Background on the project; Significance for the Construction Materials Recycling Seminar slated October 1997; Contact information.
- Materials densities. // C&D Debris Recycling;Jan/Feb98, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p20
Presents the densities of different construction and demolition debris materials. Includes wood; Asphalt roofing shingles; Mixed demolition rubble.
- New products. // C&D Debris Recycling;Jan/Feb98, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p22
Presents several products used in construction and demolition of debris. Daewoo's hydraulic crawler excavator; V-tube core radiator from L&M Radiator; Material rehandler crane from Case.
- New literature. // C&D Debris Recycling;Jan/Feb98, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p26
Presents several books, brochure and catalogs about construction and demolition of debris. Wood/Bark Hogs brochure from American Pulverizer Company; Morbark's Tub Grinder flyer; Hydraulic Excavator catalog from Caterpiller.
- Tenn. county plans landfill. Acohido, Byron // Waste News;08/04/97, Vol. 3 Issue 12, p11
Reports that officials in Coffee County, Tennessee have begun a site selection process for the development of a construction and demolition debris landfill. Cost of the landfill; When the landfill is expected to be operation.
- Study finds higher C&D debris rate. Johnson, Jim // Waste News;06/15/98, Vol. 4 Issue 5, p4
States that national building-related construction and demolition debris rates in the United States are much higher than previously figured, according to a federal study which is due to be released in June 1998. Reference to the first study being conducted by the United States Environmental...
- Fla. county to cut C&D debris rate. Johnson, Jim // Waste News;01/19/98, Vol. 3 Issue 35, p4
Reports that in an effort to gain a larger portion of the disposal action, Volusia County of Florida is reducing its construction and demolition debris rates. Percentage reduction in rates; Comments from Jim Griffin, county director of solid waste management.
- Private eyes on construction contracts. Freyman, Russ // Governing;Oct97, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p78
Presents information on the employing of independent private sector inspectors general (IPGIG) by several New York City agencies. Reasons for employing the private inspectors; Information on employing firms with no illegal activities on their records; Benefits of employing the private inspectors.
- Investigation into other Harrison dumping continues. Dzikowski, Don // Westchester County Business Journal;05/11/98, Vol. 37 Issue 19, p13
Reports that the state and Westchester County, New York authorities are continuing their investigation into illegal dumping of construction and demolition debris on lots for houses being constructed in Park Lane. Location of the project; Study of possible health effects.