Where the rubble meets the road
- New literature. // C&D Debris Recycling;May/Jun97, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p40
Features a variety of literature on equipment and services designed for construction and demolition debris recycling operations. Includes catalogs on excavators; Skid loader; Crushers; Magnetic separators.
- Hey re-users, let's work together. Turley, William // C&D Debris Recycling;Jul97, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p3
Opinion. Discusses the need for both the processing and recycling of materials from construction and demolition (C&D) activity and the re-use of those items should go hand-in-hand to divert the largest possible amount of material from landfill. General reaction to processing C&D debris;...
- New literature. // C&D Debris Recycling;Jul97, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p38
Offers a collection of literature on products used for construction & demolition (C&D) debris recycling. Includes brochures on crushing equipment from Kurtz; Flyers from Geith on the rock bucket design; Catalog of impactors from Torgerson.
- Comments and input sought for C&D fines study. // C&D Debris Recycling;Jan/Feb98, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p7
Reports on the grant received by the University of Florida to catalog all the various products that construction and demolition fines are applicable. Search for variations of fines that will improve the catalog's marketability; Contact information.
- Mining C&D recyclables. // BioCycle;Jan1996, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p26
Reports on the recycling of construction and demolition debris in Collier County, Florida.
- City recycles over 1,629,000 tons of Northridge earthquake debris. // BioCycle;Jan1996, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p26
Reports on Los Angeles Integrated Solid Waste Management Office's data on the recycled earthquake debris following a team up with demolition crews in Los Angeles, California. Amount of materials recycled; Development of capacities for recycling.
- Sorting C&D into wood products. R.S. // BioCycle;Nov96, Vol. 37 Issue 11, p39
Reports on a generation of mechanized recycling plants that focuses on construction and demolition (C&D) debris, especially the wood fraction. Taking of systems developed in materials recovery facilities and application to the C&D stream; Processing of C&D debris by the Environmental Resource...
- Seattle connects builders with recyclers. O'Connell, Kim // American City & County;Jan2002, Vol. 117 Issue 1, p14
Provides information on the Construction Recycling and Green Building Program in Seattle, Washington, which aims to promote construction recycling. Reasons for creating the program; Long-term objectives; Benefits derived from the program.
- C&D group touts differences. Johnson, Jim // Waste News;2/3/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 22, p10
Focuses on the developments related to construction and demolition debris recyclers to improve their economics. Adoption of the approach of getting rid of material; Refining the material to add value.