- Retreaders look for tough 2003. Davis, Bruce // Rubber & Plastics News;1/27/2003, Vol. 32 Issue 13, p15
Forecasts the condition of the U.S. tire retreading business in 2003. Concern of the industry in relation to testing of commercial retreads by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration; Affect of the slow economy in 2002 on retreaders.
- Selecting a top-quality retreader. Richards, Paul // Commercial Carrier Journal;Oct2002, Vol. 159 Issue 10, p74
Provides tips in selecting a top-flight retreader. Concept of retreading; Rate of fleet budget allocated for maintenance of tires; Advantages of visiting vendor factory before making a decision; Capabilities of retreader; Significance of limiting the initial purchase contact to three months.
- Retreading and more. Mele, Jim // Fleet Owner;Jun98, Vol. 93 Issue 6, p46
Looks at the transformation of retreaders into tire management experts of truck fleets in the trucking industry. Reference to the growth of the relationship between tire dealers and fleet customers; Names of manufacturers and local dealer networks who offer management support services; In-depth...
- Quick quiz. // World Wastes;Nov97, Vol. 40 Issue 11, p10
Presents a quiz on the topic of tire retreading. Pulling tires for retreading; Energy required to produce retreaded tires; Use of retreads on federal government fleet vehicles.
- Retreading has finally been accepted. Deierlein, Bob // Beverage World;06/15/97, Vol. 116 Issue 1639, p119
Points out that the practice of retreading tires is being accepted in the late 1990s to the point where more retreaded tires are used than new tires. Listing of the prior, perceived negative features of retreaded tires; Information on the economic advantage of purchasing a retreaded tire;...
- Arizona tire debris study troubles TRIB. Moore, Miles // Tire Business;1/15/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 20, p5
Reports the disappointment of the Tire Retread Information Bureau to the release of a tire debris study from the Arizona Department of Transportation. Impact of the ban on retread tires on trucking companies; Details of the study; Solution to tire debris problems.
- Is the price right? Davis, Bruce // Tire Business;4/23/2001, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p11
Reports the decline in the prices of retreaded truck tires in the U.S. Decrease in the usage of retreaded truck tires; Availability of the product; Impact of the decline in the prices of retreaded tires on the tire manufacturers.
- Selecting a Retreader. // Fleet Equipment;Oct2002, Vol. 28 Issue 10, p9
Provides tips in selecting tire retreader. Advantages of using retreaded tires on class 7 and 8 truck fleets; Importance of conducting basic review of the retread industry; Analysis of quality service of retread industry.
- Retreads work well on light trucks. // Fleet Equipment;Dec97, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p7
Reports on advantages of retreading of tires for light trucks. Organization using recycled tire casings; Financial issues; Characteristics of retreadable tires.