Self-audits inspire leniency from states
- EPA Expands Use of Its Audit Policy. Bergeson, Lynn L. // Pollution Engineering;Jun2001, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p15
Focuses on the expansion on the uses of the audit policy of the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) in the United States. Number of companies availing the policy in the first quarter of 2001; Impact of the expansion on industries; Commitment of EPA to reward self-audit efforts of companies. ...
- EPA, states battle over immunity. Stringer, Judy // Chemical Week;9/18/96, Vol. 158 Issue 35, p50
Reports on the US Environmental Protection Agency's plans to revoke state-delegated authority over air, water or hazardous waste programs where a state's immunity bill might weaken enforcement of a federal initiative. Passage of audit privilege bills in some states that give immunity to...
- State: EPA is impeding incentives for biz cleanups. Ankeny, Robert // Crain's Detroit Business;10/28/96, Vol. 12 Issue 44, p3
Reports that the United States' Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) was impeding efforts by state lawmakers in Michigan, to encourage businesses to launch environmental clean-ups through the passage of self-audit legislation. Stipulations of the law; Impact of objections from the EPA.
- To thine own self, audit. Bailey, Jane // Industrial Paint & Powder;Jul95, Vol. 71 Issue 7, p68
Discusses EPA's interim policy announced in March 1995 regarding environmental audits. Details of the voluntary environmental self-policing and self-disclosure tenets of the policy; Reasons for the introduction of an interim policy.
- EPA launches pilot project to stream. // Traffic World;5/8/95, Vol. 242 Issue 6, p67
Reports on the US Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) launching of a pilot program to make it easier for businesses to comply with environmental reporting and inspection requirements. Agreement of several companies and utilities to take part in the agency's `Environmental Leadership...
- Investigators managed by EPA regional office. Schulz, Gene Church // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;11/1/93, Vol. 190 Issue 9, p1
Interviews Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) officials regarding refrigerant venting investigations in Region VI in the United States. Two types of contract inspectors to collect information; Investigation and enforcement procedures; Communication with violating contractors; Legal...
- Michigan, EPA agree. // State Government News;Aug97, Vol. 40 Issue 6, p13
Focuses on the agreement of Michigan executive, legislative, business and environmental leaders to resolve a dispute with the US Environmental Protection Agency concerning environmental audits. Power given allowing companies to correct pollution problems without fear of state penalties.
- Environmental self-policing comes to N.H. Sanders, Bob // New Hampshire Business Review;3/15/96, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p1
Reports on third-party certification in some states including New Hampshire initiated by the state governments and US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). Companies selected by EPA for the pilot program; Approval of bills that encourage environmental self-policing in the New Hampshire...
- EPA mitigates policy on voluntary audits. Palko, Ed // Plant Engineering;7/10/95, Vol. 49 Issue 9, p14
Discusses the results of the survey on US companies conducted by Price Waterhouse. Indication for environmental audits frequency; Note on audit being conducted by the companies; Policy planned by the EPA; Details of the policy.