GE rolls out 6000 h.p. diesel for CSX
- CSX orders 300 GE AC-traction locomotives. Burke, Jack // Traffic World;1/3/94, Vol. 237 Issue 1, p32
Reports on the acquisition by CSX Transportation of 250 AC-traction engines manufactured by General Electric (GE). Inclusions in CSX order for locomotives; CSX plunge into AC traction locomotives; Union Pacific's order of locomotives from GE; Benefits of AC traction technology.
- GE, CSX planing natgas trials. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;11/14/2013, pA02
The article reports on the partnership of General Electric and CSX Transportation Inc. to start field-testing liquid natural gas-fueled locomotives in the U.S. railroads.
- General Electric's new AC6000CW. Sebastian-Coleman, George // Model Railroader;Sep96, Vol. 63 Issue 9, p78
Features General Electric's AC6000CW as the leader among locomotive engines. History of horsepower revolution; Relocation of air reservoirs above the fuel tank; Overhanging radiator above the rear platform; Increase in overall length; Additional third dynamic break vent; Acquiring parties;...
- C30-7. McGonigal, Robert S. // Trains;Sep99, Vol. 59 Issue 9, p82
Evaluates General Electric's C30-7 diesel locomotives. Features of the locomotives; Production history; Companies which bought the train series.
- GE lobbies for fast Amtrak diesels. // Trains;Mar2010, Vol. 70 Issue 3, p18
The article provides information on General Electric (GE) lobbying the federal government to fund the purchase of high speed passenger diesel locomotives by Amtrak.
- ASK TRAINS. Kos, Sayre C. // Trains;Jan2007, Vol. 67 Issue 1, p94
The article presents questions and answers related to the railroad industry. One person asks about the doll arm signals on the CSX main line. Another inquires about turbocharging in a diesel locomotive. A reader questions the idea of paper wheels and why railroad passenger cars have to be fitted...
- The customer is always right. Volkmer, William D. // Classic Trains;Fall2008, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p82
The article presents a story connected with General Electric U20C diesel locomotives for Mozambique. The locomotives were the first diesels purchased to replace the steam locomotives in Mozambique. For some forgotten reason, General Electric fabricated its own anti-skid running boards on these...
- New locos for Freightliner. // Logistics & Transport Focus;Nov2008, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p11
The article features the new PH37ACmi PowerHaul diesel locomotives from Freightliner and GE Transportation.
- A GE shortline symbol is fading, fading ... // Trains;Jun2006, Vol. 66 Issue 6, p20
The article focuses on the decision of General Electric to produce quintessential shortline diesel locomotives for the common-carrier railroading sector in June 2006. During its 16-year production run beginning in 1940, the 44-tonner was replicated almost 350 times. The third is the uniquely...