- GALEN GAINS MOMENTUM. Burney, Ellen // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;6/30/2003, Vol. 185 Issue 131, p13
Reports that Canadian billionaire Galen Weston has increased its stake in British department store group Selfridges Ltd.
- WESTON'S HOME STRETCH. Conti, Samantha // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/14/2003, Vol. 186 Issue 9, p25
Reports on the plan of Galen Weston to buy Selfridges.
- WESTON STEPS CLOSER TO SELFRIDGES. Conti, Samantha // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;6/9/2003, Vol. 185 Issue 116, p11
Reports that Canadian billionaire Galen Weston's Oxford Acquisitions Ltd. has purchased additional stake in Selfridges Ltd., a London, England-based department store chain.
- Weston on Selfridges: Acquisition Is in Hand. S.C. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/15/2003, Vol. 185 Issue 10, p2
Reports that billionaire Galen Weston has gained control of British department store group Selfridges. Shares owned by Weston; Estimated value of Selfridges.
- DIARY. // Design Week;5/29/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 22, p9
Focuses on news and developments related to design, compiled as of May 29, 2003. Highlights of the Design Pursuit charity race; Speculation about the future of design at Selfridges acquired by Canadian billionaire Galen Weston; Criticism on the design of the www.rizer.co.uk web site.
- WESTON'S SHOO-IN. Conti, Samantha // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/7/2003, Vol. 186 Issue 4, p12
Reports that Galen Weston cleared in July 2003 an important hurdle in his bid for Selfridges when Aletheia Partners said it was no longer planning a rival bid for the store.
- Weston Freezes Selfridges' Expansion. Conti, Samantha // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;10/29/2003, Vol. 186 Issue 89, p3
Reports on the plan of Galen Weston, owner of the clothing retailer Selfridges Ltd., to stop the store rollouts in London, England. Investment priorities of Weston; Other plans of Weston; Expansion plans of Weston.
- Selfridges Purchase Seen Helping Holt Renfrew. Dunn, Brian // DNR: Daily News Record;7/21/2003, Vol. 33 Issue 29, p28
Reports that billionaire Galen Weston has finalized his acquisition of retailer Selfridges PLC of London in July 2003. Worth of the acquisition deal; Implication of the acquisition for Weston's holdings or properties in the retail sector; Comments from Alice Macandrew, spokeswoman of Holt...
- U.K. Retailers Catching Consolidation Craze. Conti, Samantha; Burney, Ellen // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;8/5/2003, Vol. 186 Issue 25, p9
Reports on the consolidation trend among retail companies in Great Britain. Sale of Selfridges to Galen Weston; Potential sale of Debenhams to Permira or another suitor; New Look officials' talks with possible backers about making a bid for the firm.