Sun did not shine on Easter holiday sales
- No profit in a closed shop. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;4/25/2003, Issue 5334, p3
Comments on the lack of sales generated by furniture stores in the Great Britain during the 2003 Easter holiday. Decision of a majority of stores to close during the holiday.
- Spring into early April sales. // Casual Living;Apr2008, Vol. 48 Issue 4, p72
The article forecasts the sales performance of casual furniture retailers in Florida in April 2008. Retailers posted a decline in sales in April 2007 attributing cold weather and Easter holiday shift. However, sales in April is expected to increase as consumers return with string pent-up demand...
- Talk. // Cabinet Maker;4/6/2007, Issue 5532, p8
The article presents the promotional plans of executives for the Easter weekend in Great Britain. Jabawoki's Annie Towler announced that the company is having a basic 20 percent sale in all its stocks. Penny Lakin of Juniper Trading will work from home where customers will seek for service....
- Religion and business: They can mix...or clash. Perry, David // Furniture/Today;04/02/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 30, p74
Highlights examples of how religion and business can either mix or clash. Hooker Furniture's annual report which began with a verse of scripture; Religious events in the United States furniture industry; Business activities done on an Easter Sunday.
- Approvals, limits increase in credit programs. // Furniture/Today;2/20/2012, Vol. 36 Issue 24, p10
The article presents information on credit programs of retail furniture sales. The sales have increased due to the freedom given by finance companies to consumers. As stated by the president of the company Kittle's Furniture Eric Easter, credit programs are changing for the better. It was...
- Easter joins Huntington. // Furniture/Today;8/6/2007, Vol. 31 Issue 47, p1
The article reports that Eric Easter has been named chief executive officer of Huntington Furniture, a case goods importer.
- Casey, Easterly promoted to VPs at Henredon. // Furniture/Today;2/10/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 23, p14
Reports on the promotion of Rob Casey as vice president for Ralph Lauren product line and Patrick Easterly as general merchandise manager for upholstery of Henredon Furniture Industries.
- Easter sales fail to meet recovery expectations. // Cabinet Maker;5/5/2006, Issue 5486, p3
The article reports that there has not been much increase in furniture purchases following the resurgent housing market, according to the CBI's Distributive Trades Survey. In the survey, about 64% of furniture and carpets retailers said that the month of April 2006 had been the worst year for...
- Thomasville promotes trio. // Furniture/Today;7/26/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 46, p42
Reports on the promotion of three executives at Thomasville Furniture Inds. as of July 26, 2004. Eric Easter to executive vice president of sales and marketing; Mike Jolly to senior vice president of import operations; Jamie Collins to vice president of retail sales and development.