Pepsi spins off fast-food chains
- PepsiCo restaurant ventures show first-quarter momentum. Prewitt, Milford // Nation's Restaurant News;5/15/95, Vol. 29 Issue 20, p7
Reports on an increase in operating profits for PepsiCo's restaurant group for the first quarter ended March 25, 1995. Double-digit gains in international restaurant sales and profits; KFC and Pizza Hut's strong showing in the snack foods segment; Customer reception to product introductions at...
- PepsiCo to divest all chain holdings. Martin, Richard // Nation's Restaurant News;02/03/97, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p1
Reports on PepsiCo Inc.'s planned divestment of its Pizza Hut, Taco Bell and KFC restaurant chains to boost its stock value. Emphasis on soft drink and packaged snack businesses; Intention to spin off the sluggish restaurant business to PepsiCo shareholders as a separate publicly traded company;...
- PepsiCo taps new presidents for restaurant chains. Hamstra, Mark // Nation's Restaurant News;06/23/97, Vol. 31 Issue 25, p5
Reports on PepsiCo Inc.'s reorganization of its restaurant chains KFC, Pizza Hut, and Taco Bell. Details of the reorganization plans; Peter Waller's appointment as president of Taco Bell; Jeff Moody's appointment as president of KFC; Appointment of Mike Rawlings as president of Pizza Hut.
- Enrico in chains. Benezra, Karen // Brandweek;6/5/95, Vol. 36 Issue 23, p1
Reports on PepsiCo restaurant czar Roger Enrico's plans to consolidate parts of the fast food empire. Decline of Kentucky Fried Chicken's rotisserie chicken; Taco Bell's introduction of `Border Lights'; Need for Pizza Hut to sustain sales growth.
- New menu items drive PepsiCo sales in 4th q. Howard, Theresa // Nation's Restaurant News;2/21/94, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p14
Reports on the increase in operating profits of PepsiCo's company-owned domestic operations during the 1993 fourth quarter. Profits; Sales trends of divisions; Product introductions at KFC's Colonel's Rotisserie Gold and Pizza Hut's Bigfoot; Comparable-store sales of Taco Bell; Fourth-quarter...
- Weak Pizza Hut results hurt PepsiCo's 3rd Q. Hayes, Jack // Nation's Restaurant News;10/24/94, Vol. 28 Issue 42, p14
Reports on the financial performance of PepsiCo's restaurant group in the quarter ended September 5, 1994. Decline in operating profits at Pizza Hut; Gains in operating earnings and sales of Kentucky Fried Chicken and Taco Bell.
- PepsiCo's restaurants report 2nd-q profit drop. Liddle, Alan // Nation's Restaurant News;8/1/94, Vol. 28 Issue 30, p14
Reports on PepsiCo's operating profits for the 1994 second quarter. Failure to capitalize on revenue gains throughout its international restaurant outlets; Comparison with the year-ago period; Gain in overall net income due to extraordinary items; Need for new marketing campaigns; Greatest...
- Pizza Hut, KFC playing catch-up with Taco Bell. // Nation's Restaurant News;5/9/94, Vol. 28 Issue 19, p7
Reports on Pizza Hut and Kentucky Fried Chicken's (KFC) strategies to improve their financial performance. Decline in profits; Comparison with Taco Bell's performance; Impact of bad winter weather; Testing of bundled meal deals; Opening of units; Interior renovations; Menu expansion.
- PepsiCo challenge accentuates need to keep concepts current. Van Warner, Rick // Nation's Restaurant News;8/15/94, Vol. 28 Issue 32, p39
Editorial. Comments on the challenges confronting PepsiCo's restaurant division. Revenues generated by KFC, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell the first half of 1994; Promotional programs for KFC and Pizza Hut; Image and operational problems facing both KFC and Pizza Hut.