Business briefs: Acquisitions, expansions
Tags: TIRE industry
- DEADLINE NEWS. // Rubber & Plastics News;2/10/2003, Vol. 32 Issue 14, p3
Presents news briefs related to the U.S. tire industry as of February 10, 2003. Information on a joint venture between tire manufacturing companies Freudenberg-NOK G.P. and Ishino Gasket Manufacturing Co. Ltd.; Acceptance of mislabeled tires of Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. and Uniroyal Goodrich...
- Independent tire makers exploit specialty vehicles. Weernink, Wim Oude // Automotive News Europe;4/7/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 7, p21
Reports on the success of small independent tire manufacturers in Europe, as of April 2003. Attributions to the success; Details on the case of Vredestein; Advantages of being independent.
- Retail tire market changes. Kaufman, Ed // Automotive Marketing;Aug94, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p20
Reports on developments in the tire market in the United States as of August 1994. Increased replacement tire shipments in 1993; Projected growth for the replacement tire business in 1994; Impact of consolidation in the retail market on the replacement tire business; Updates on leading tire...
- Tire care. // Automotive Marketing;Sep97, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p54
Presents information on a study conducted on tire care products. Details on the sales of products for the periods 1995 and 1996; Average number of brands stocked.
- Tire inflators. // Automotive Marketing;Sep97, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p56
Focuses on a study related to tire inflators. Estimation on the sales growth for the product in 1997; Comparison of sales for 1996 and 1997; Average number of brands stocked.
- Camera details rubber meeting road. DeMeis, Rick // Design News;1/5/98, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p35
Focuses on the FlashCam camera which provides a combination of speed and light sensitivity which allows tire engineers to determine the behavior of tires-tread lugs under dynamic conditions. What these conditions might be; Comments from John Turner, an engineer with the Advanced Tire Technology...
- Ala. TDA taps 1st female pres.. // Tire Business;8/13/2001, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p22
Reports the election of officers by the Alabama Tire Dealers Association in Panama City, Florida. Appointment of Cheryl Lentz as president; Names of the officers elected by the association.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // Tire Business;10/22/2001, Vol. 19 Issue 15, p4
Reports developments in the tire industry of the United States as of October 22, 2001. Confirmation of the dropout of Goodyear Tire and Rubber Co. Kelly tires from the European market; Opening of another Kumho Tire Co. Ltd. tire distribution warehouse; Availability of a tire monitoring system...
- ASSOCIATIONS. // Tire Business;1/6/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 20, p22
Presents information about events related to the U.S. tire industry as of January 6, 2003. Organization of the annual convention by the Western Canada Tire Dealers in Edmonton, Alberta; Features of the Mid-America Tire Dealers Association awards presented for achievements of a person in the...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // Tire Business;2/3/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 22, p4
Presents news briefs related to the U.S. tire industry as of February 3, 2003. Announcement of wheel recalls by two tire companies; Introduction of a warranty program by Texas-based tire company Warrantech Corp.; Offer given by the Tire Industry Association to attendees the chance to set up...