Palestinians left high and dry
- Economic interactions among participants in the Middle East peace process. Awartani, Hisham; Kleiman, Ephraim // Middle East Journal;Spring97, Vol. 51 Issue 2, p215
Scrutinizes the peace process in the Middle East focusing on the geographical trade patterns and trade policies. Names of the countries which are partners in the peace process; What led to the suggestion that the scope for expanding trade among the countries is limited; Indications of the week...
- Economy--hostage to peace accords. Martin, Josh // Middle East;Dec97, Issue 273, p19
Reports on the effects of the peace process on the progress of the Palestinian economy. Strategies employed by the Palestinian government to attract foreign business; Necessary aid not forthcomming due to progress of peace talks and implementation of Oslo Accords; Statistical information on...
- Fund executives witness fruits of Mideast peace. Price, Margaret // Pensions & Investments;10/16/1995, Vol. 23 Issue 21, p8
Reports on the investment conferences in the Middle East before the signing of the peace pact between Israel and the Palestine Liberation Organization on September 28, 1995. Number of fund sponsors who attended the conference; Investment possibilities and economic conditions discussed; List of...
- World events strike home in the global marketplace. Jaben, Jan // Advertising Age's Business Marketing;Apr94, Vol. 79 Issue 4, p8
Editorial. Focuses on the increasing globalization of the market. Need for a free trade agreement between the United States and Japan; Expansion of business opportunities due to peace treaties between countries; Creation of a coalition of Arab-American and US-Jewish business leaders to...
- In violent world, has peace a chance? // National Catholic Reporter;05/21/99, Vol. 35 Issue 29, p28
Editorial. Discusses how the United States (US) resorted to violence and warfare in the post-Cold War era. Attitude of the peace movement on the actions of the US; Social and economic aspects aspects of the moves perpetrated by the US; Involvement of the US in Iraq and Kosovo, Serbia.
- Where do we go from here? // World of Hibernia;Winter98, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p104
Assesses the condition of the Irish economy. Economic performance since 1990; Question on the sustainability of the economic performance; Implications of the Northern Ireland Peace Process; Status of American investments in Ireland.
- Economics play key role in peace process. Martin, Josh // Middle East;Sep99, Issue 293, p30
Discusses the potential economic benefits the Middle East could reap from an Israeli peace settlement with Syria and the Palestinians. Principal beneficiaries of the settlement; Indirect beneficiaries; Key economic sectors to be affected.
- Averting Total Collapse. // Palestine-Israel Journal of Politics, Economics & Culture;2003, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p102
Reports economic developments in Palestine as of June 2003. Result of the donor funding of PA; Resilience of the Palestinian society; Rate of economic decline.
- Budget analysis of the Palestinian family. Sabri, Nidal Rashid; Jabr, M. Hisham // Arab Studies Quarterly;Winter92, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p35
Presents a study that intends to examine the distribution of income sources and uses of budgets by Palestinian families, which may help in disclosing the living standards and trends for the Palestinian economy and society. Aims of the study; Some null hypotheses that are formulated in order to...