Safeway has new terms in Vons takeover
- Safeway announces merger bid for Vons. Timmons, Tony // Las Vegas Business Press;11/04/96, Vol. 13 Issue 44, p1
Reports on Pleasanton, California-based Safeway Inc.'s intention to purchase the remaining 65.5 percent of stock in Vons Cos. that it does not own. Focus on the merger deal values of $58 per share for a total of $3.25 billion; Union of Safeway branches in Northern California and Northern Nevada...
- Safeway/Vons merger could affect banking expansion. Timmons, Tony // Las Vegas Business Press;11/11/96, Vol. 13 Issue 45, p1
Reports on the proposed merger of Safeway Inc. with Vons Cos. in Southern Nevada. Arrangements made by Wells Fargo Bank and the Bank of America with Safeway and Vons respectively; Uncertainty on the grocery chain expansion; Speculations on job cuts and closures of branches.
- Vons Launches Nutrition Program for Young Children. // Supermarket News Expert Blog;7/ 2/2013, p5
The article reports that Vons, a division of Safeway, Pleasanton, California will be hosting First 5 San Diego, a child nutrition group that encourages parents and caregivers to provide healthy food choices to children at an early age.
- Name that tune! L.L. // Progressive Grocer;Feb97, Vol. 76 Issue 2, p10
Reports that the December 1996 teleconference which was held by Safeway and Vons to announce their friendly merger was a success. Name of Safeway's president and chief executive officer; Song which was sang before the conference got underway.
- Vons Said to Stop Doubling Coupons. // Supermarket News Expert Blog;7/25/2012, p7
The article focuses on the decision of Southern California-based Vons division of Safeway to stop doubling manufacturer coupons value starting July 27, 2012 which they have been doing for 20 years as they are refining their promotions based on the market.
- Safeway's Sales at Vons Top Off. Zwiebach, Elliot // SN: Supermarket News;8/2/2004, Vol. 52 Issue 31, p6
Focuses on the sales statistics of Safeway's Vons stores in Southern California in June 2004. Reaction of the company to its sales; Sales status of the company's Dominick's division in Chicago, Illinois.
- Safeway Grows in 'Non-Core'. ZWIEBACH, ELLIOT // SN: Supermarket News;2/27/2012, Vol. 60 Issue 9, p4
The article discusses retailer Safeway's optimism about adding non-core businesses that will enable it to grow its operating income over the next 3 years. The expected drop in ts identical store sales for the first quarter will be offset by a stronger fuel loyalty program and the rollout of its...
- Chains Tie Dry Cleaning To Charity. Toth, Wendy // SN: Supermarket News;12/19/2005, Vol. 53 Issue 51, p25
The article reports on the efforts of U.S retailers to incorporate their dry-cleaning service into charitable clothing programs in 2005. A partnership between Vons, owned by Safeway of Pleasanton, California and Dress for Success Cleaners launched the Klothes for Kids drive after Thanksgiving...
- SUPERMARKET AISLE. // Drug Store News;2/16/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p7
Reports on developments involving supermarkets in the U.S. as of February 16, 2004. Claim of grocery stores Albertsons, Ralphs and Vons that a lawsuit filed by California Attorney General Bill Lockyer is without merit; Safeway to close 12 underperforming Dominick's grocery stores; Second...