Reliability and validity evidence for the middle school self-efficacy scale
- Response Format in Writing Self-Efficacy Assessment: Greater Discrimination Increases Prediction. Pajares, Frank; Hartley, James; Valiante, Giovanni // Measurement & Evaluation in Counseling & Development (American C;Jan2001, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p214
Investigates whether the 0-100 format of assessing writing self-efficacy beliefs differed in empirical qualities from a traditional 1-6 point Likert-type format. Differences in the two measures' factor structure, internal consistency, relation to motivation constructs and prediction of...
- THE RELATIONSHIP OF CAREER DECISION SELF-EFFICACY, TRAIT ANXIETY, AND AFFECTIVITY AMONG UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS. IŞIK, ERKAN // Psychological Reports;Dec2012, Vol. 111 Issue 3, p805
This study examined the relationship between career decision self-efficacy and personal-emotional life, including trait anxiety and positive and negative affect in a sample of 249 undergraduate students. Turkish versions of Career Decision Self-Efficacy Scale-Short Form, Positive and Negative...
- PERCEIVED YOUTH EMPOWERMENT: RELIABILITY AND VALIDITY OF A BRIEF SCALE. Paxton, Raheem J.; Valois, Robert F.; Drane, J. Wazner // American Journal of Health Studies;2005, Vol. 20 Issue 3/4, p186
This study determined the reliability and validity of a brief perceived youth empowerment scale in a sample of 2,482 middle school students. An alpha coefficient and confirmatory models were constructed for a five-item scale. Results suggest that the hypothesized factor structure did not fit the...
- An assessment of a socialâ€“cognitive model of academic performance in mathematics in Argentinean middle school students Cupani, Marcos; de Minzi, María Cristina Richaud; Pérez, Edgardo Raúl; Pautassi, Ricardo Marcos // Learning & Individual Differences;Dec2010, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p659
Abstract: This study tested a set of hypotheses derived from the model of academic achievement in mathematics of the Social Cognitive Career Theory in a sample of Argentinean middle school students. To this aim, 277 students (male and female; age: 13â€“15years) were assessed using the...
- Career counseling is personal counseling. Manuele-Adkins, Caroline // Career Development Quarterly;Jun92, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p313
Discusses the psychological variables which need to be address within the context of career counseling or vocational guidance. Includes developmental stages and tasks; Identity formation and status; Self-concept; Psychological needs; Internal barriers.
- Reading between the lines: A case discussion. Lent, Ellen B. // Career Development Quarterly;Sep93, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p66
Examines the career counseling case study of Rosie through a psychological point of view. Questions on academic and career issues; Questions on social history; Questions on physical and mental health; Impressions and hypotheses; Case conceptualization and recommendations.
- The case of Rosie: An Adlerian response. Powers, Robert L.; Griffith, Jane // Career Development Quarterly;Sep93, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p69
Examines the career counseling case of Rosie in the perspective of Individual Psychology. Rosie's sense of failure in the three life tasks identified by Alfred Adler; Adlerian assumptions; Use of the Psycho-Clarity Process; Interpreting Rosie's record; Effect of Rosie's pampered childhood;...
- Career counseling is a personal matter. Davidson, Sherwin Lee; Gilbert, Lucia Albino // Career Development Quarterly;Dec93, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p149
Argues that career counseling with adults is the exploration of personal identity and meaning. Relation of career to personal identity and development; Hidden influence of career; System consequences and personal factors; Career counseling as a metaphor for change.
- Psychological distress and counseling duration of career and noncareer clients. Gold, Joshua M.; Scanlon, Catherine R. // Career Development Quarterly;Dec93, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p186
Presents a study comparing the presenting psychological symptom status and the counseling duration of career and noncareer clients. Differing case conceptualizations of career and noncareer clients; Adjustment to a new environment after a career decision; Need to affirm similarities between...