Tags: ADVERTISING -- Food
- Fraud or find? Liebman, Bonnie // Nutrition Action Health Letter;Sep97, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p8
Offers tips on how to determine the credibility of advertisement claims of manufacturers of food and dietary supplement products. Examples of food label claims about the nutritional contents of foods; Requirements set by the US Food and Drug Administration prior to the approval of an...
- Wild claims, weak evidence. Liebman, Bonnie; Schardt, David // Nutrition Action Health Letter;Jul/Aug98, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p8
Presents food advertisements which offer wild claims about their product's health benefits. Features of the advertisement of Welch's; Features of the advertisement for Neuromins dietary supplements; Features of the advertisement for Mott's new line of flavored apple sauces.
- Ad watch. // Nation's Restaurant News;12/9/96, Vol. 30 Issue 48, p16
Presents a reproduction of a promotional material used by Tony Roma's Famous Ribs restaurants in Alabama.
- Best promotional campaigns. // Nation's Restaurant News;12/23/96, Vol. 30 Issue 50, p74
Cites the best promotional campaigns in the food service industry in the United States for 1996. House of Blues' campaign during the 1996 Olympic Games in Atlanta, Georgia; Baskin-Robbins and Friendly's IceCream's presidential poll campaign; Baskin-Robbins `Wheel of Fortune' promo.
- It always went with eggs, bacon, sausage. Now it... Picardie, Ruth // New Statesman & Society;06/14/96, Vol. 125 Issue 4288, p26
Talks about the relaunching of Spam with a national television campaign in Great Britain. Target market for the campaign; Failure of Newforge Foods to launch Spam in France; Spamaphobia in Britain.
- Words that sell keep changing. Kate, Nancy Ten // American Demographics;Aug92, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p18
Discusses trends in advertising words used in food sales. Applications for food and beverage trademarks containing word `heart' dropped almost 40 percent between 1990 and 1991; `Pure' dropped 23 percent; `Fresh' dropped 18 percent; Applications for `light'/`lite' and `nature'/`natural' increased...
- Grocery products. // Advertising Age;5/3/93, Vol. 64 Issue 19, Advertising Age The... pS-10
Features the winners in the grocery products TV ad category of Advertising Age's The Best Awards. Beef Industry Council and Beef Board; Heinz Spaghetti; Kal Kan's Whiskas; Frito-Lay's Ruffles.
- The '90s may be mean, but they're not so lean. // Adweek Western Edition;2/21/94, Vol. 44 Issue 8, p15
Reports on the increase in the advertisements of high-fat foods. Gains for the first three quarter of 1993; Decline in health foods' advertising expenditures for 1992; Clients of advertising agencies instructions to make food commercials rich and fat-loaded.
- Most appetizing food theme of the month. // Adweek Western Edition;10/31/94, Vol. 44 Issue 44, p19
Focuses on the theme used to advertise hot and spicy food. Includes the singed napkin used by The Richards Group to promote the `Spicy-Hot Chorizo Enchiladas' from ElChico; Advertisement used to promote the World Class Chili of Seattle from The X Factor.