- Living large a la Mode. Calvacca, Lorraine // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;5/1/97, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p27
Features the quarterly fashion magazine `Mode.' Editorials; Pictorial features; Four-page salute to celebrity women; Regular sections on fashion and shopping tips; High-profile publishers.
- Out of limelight, but into the black. Block, Valerie // Crain's New York Business;03/16/98, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p4
Presents information on the `Mode' periodical and its profitability despite its lack of market visability. Reasons for its success; Groups the magazine targets; Competition faced by the magazine; Comments from Samir Husni, publisher.
- Plus-size `Mode' hits stands. // MediaWeek;02/17/97, Vol. 7 Issue 7, p3
Reports on the launching of the `Mode' fashion magazine published jointly by book publisher Pantheon International and Lewit & LeWinter.
- Fashion focus. Phillips, Debra // Entrepreneur;Mar1997, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p19
Reports on publication of `Mode,' a magazine that touts the allure of women who wear larger-sized clothing. Target market.
- Mode targets plus-size market. Kerwin, Ann Marie // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;10/15/96, Vol. 25 Issue 15, p34
Reports on the plans of publishing consultant Julie Lewit-Nirenberg and Nancy LeWinter to launch `Mode,' a beauty/fashion magazine aimed at full-figured women. Profile on both women; Magazine's aim the upscale end of the audience.
- Big sizes, big bucks. Brophy, Beth // U.S. News & World Report;3/17/97, Vol. 122 Issue 10, p15
Focuses on a glossy fashion magazine called `Mode,' aimed at the 62 percent of American women who wear size 12 or larger. Publication directors Nancy Nadler LeWinter and Julie Lewit-Nirenberg; Vow not to run any diet articles; Discovery of retailers and clothing manufacturers that large sizes...
- 'Mode' restyles fashion for larger-sized women. Hodges, Jane // Advertising Age;2/24/1997, Vol. 68 Issue 8, p12
Focuses on the launch of the periodical `Mode,' which is geared toward larger-sized women's fashion. Joint venture between Nancy LeWinter & Julie Lewit-Nirenberg and Harris Publications; Circulation data; Background information on LeWinter and Lewit-Nirenberg's experience in the magazine...
- Buckley named Vogue Hommes editor in chief. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;9/7/1999, Vol. 178 Issue 47, p27
Reports on the appointment of American journalist Richard Buckley as editor in chief at `Vogue Hommes International Mode' magazine.
- Full-figured women a great fit for `Mode.' Krol, Carol // Advertising Age;2/23/1998, Vol. 69 Issue 8, ps16
Reports on the magazine `Mode,' the first consumer fashion magazine aimed at full-figured women. Co-publishing directors Nancy LeWinter and Julie-Lewit-Nirenberg; Designer labels with plus-size collections; Partnership with Stanley Harris and Harris Publication's Pantheon International;...