When less is more: Methods for placing students in adult literary classes
Tags: ADULT education
- Keep 'em swingin.' Daniel, Donna L. // Adult Learning;Spring98, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p9
Opinion. Reflects on the author's skills as an adjunct college educator in adult education. Comparison of her class sessions to a softball game; How she motivates her students; What she does during her first and last hour of teaching.
- Do we (or should we) practice what we preach? Rose, Amy // Adult Learning;Jan/Feb94, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p6
Describes the characteristics of an effective educator of adults. Nature of adult learning; Educator as a partner in the learning process; Concepts of adult autonomy; Advantages of discussion over lecture; Effect of learner involvement in the learning process.
- Inspectors to spend more time listening to learners. // Adults Learning;Sep2009, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p5
The article reports on the introduction of a revised Common Inspection Framework for the further education and skills sector in Great Britain.
- Waiving the rules helps Center educate high school dropouts. Kruglik, Marla // Curriculum Review;Dec93, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p20
Provides details on Mountain Education Center's free classes for adults who do not have high school diplomas. Teaching strategies.
- Some (Possibly Controversial) Suggestions for Teaching Adults. Cason, Roger L. // Financial Practice & Education;Spring/Summer93, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p61
Discusses some suggestions for teaching adults. Differences between adult education and traditional education of children and young adults; Important aspects of the learning situation in adult education; Importance of first impressions in adult education; Accommodation of different learning...
- Educating older adults in the Republic of China. Strom, Robert; Strom, Shirley // Journal of Instructional Psychology;Dec95, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p379
Looks at the educating of older adults in China. Influence of social policy; Information on performance of those in program; Reference made to `Grandparents Strengths and Needs Inventory,'; Effects; Recommendations.
- Training Organizations & Schools. // Las Vegas Business Press;7/28/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 30, p14
Ranks leading training organizations in Las Vegas, Nevada according to the volume of enrollment in 2003. Community College of Southern Nevada; University of Nevada-Las Vegas; Soaring Eagle Enterprises Inc.
- Teaching summary writing to enhance comprehension. Casazza, M.E. // Reading Today;Feb/Mar92, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p26
Discusses a technique for adult learners based on integrating new text into the reader's knowledge base and constructing a logical relationship between new and previously learned information. Rules of summarizing; Teaching methods; Looking at outcomes.
- Educated students enroll in adult ed. // Techniques: Making Education & Career Connections;Jan97, Vol. 72 Issue 1, p8
Reports on the enrollments in adult education in 1995 according to `Building a Nation of Learners 1996,' from the United States Department of Education. Goals of Education Dept.; Statistics; Availability and contact information.
- Beat The Street: An urban literacy program. Pearpoint, Jack; Forest, Marsha // Convergence;1990, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p71
Focuses on the Beat The Street adult education program in Canada. Founding of Beat The Street; Literacy on the streets; Student centered individualized learning; Beat The Street banquet; Symbol of the success of Beat The Street.