From brothers to lovers: A case of incest between adult male siblings
- Group Psychotherapy for Women With a History of Incest: The Research Base. Marotta, Sylvia A.; Asner, Kimberly K. // Journal of Counseling & Development;Summer99, Vol. 77 Issue 3, p315
Although group psychotherapy for women with incest histories has a long tradition as an intervention, the research base on which it rests is in an early stage of development. This integrated literature review demonstrates the wide range of adequacy of current studies. Because the studies...
- Making a successful mental health referral. // Patient Care;11/15/1994, Vol. 28 Issue 18, p124
Discusses ways of making a successful mental health referral. Reasons for referral failure; Six-step protocol in training residents to make successful referrals.
- Mental health counseling: The essence of professional counseling. Fong, Margaret L. // Counselor Education & Supervision;Dec90, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p106
Explores the question on the actual domain or scope of mental health counseling. Definition of mental health; Definitions of counseling and mental health counseling; Remnants of the profession's developmental history; A taxonomy for the profession as mental health counselor; Advantages of the...
- Mental health counseling: Definitely a profession unto itself. Palmo, Artis J. // Counselor Education & Supervision;Dec90, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p114
Discusses and supports the contention that mental health counseling is a narrow specialty under the more generic umbrella of counseling. Six characteristics that are necessary for a vocation to be considered a profession; Professional objectives; Communicable educational techniques; The...
- Multiple systems counseling: An integration and extension of Adlerian and systems theories. Nicoll, William G. // Individual Psychology: The Journal of Adlerian Theory, Research ;Jun93, Vol. 49 Issue 2, p132
Emphasizes the development of a conceptual framework which both contribute to theory development and has direct practical implications for the mental health practitioner. Issues in counseling theory; Theoretical principles from Adlerian and Systems theories; Multiple systems counseling (MSC)...
- A Phenomenology of Closeness and Its Application to Sexual Boundary Violations: A Framework for Therapists in Training. Schwartz, Richard S; Olds, Jacqueline // American Journal of Psychotherapy;2002, Vol. 56 Issue 4, p480
Sexual boundary violations remain a persistent problem in psychiatry despite increased attention, disciplinary activity, and educational efforts. Currently, therapists in training are often overwhelmed by a sense of danger in every direction, including the risk of false accusation. The authors...
- Ericksonian Approaches to Counseling: Toward an Assimilated Paradigm of Practice for the Twenty-First Century. Jenkins, Todd D.; Forrest, Alan W. // Journal of Humanistic Counseling, Education & Development;Jun99, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p224
A rationale for integrating Ericksonian therapy into mental health counseling is introduced. A framework for including such Ericksonian interventions as multilevel communication, reframing resistance, and use of flow and transformation of perceptions in mental health counseling is presented.
- The Isis Centre: a counselling service within the National Health Service. Agulnik, Peter; Holroyd, Pauline; Mandelbrote, Bertram // British Medical Journal;8/7/1976, Vol. 2 Issue 6031, p355
Reports the establishment of the Isis Center to provide counselling, consultation and mental health information. Backgrounds of the counsellors; Adoption of the flexible approach to problems of clients and formal psychiatric categories; Benefits of the physiotherapy.
- The Effectiveness of a Multimodal Brief Group Experiential Psychotherapy Approach. Klontz, Bradley T.; Wolf, Eve M.; Bivens, Alex // International Journal of Action Methods;Fall2000/Winter2001, Vol. 53 Issue 3/4, p119
Presents information on a study that was conducted to assess the effectiveness of a brief, multimodal experiential therapy approach. Methodology of the study; Results and discussion on the study.