The relationship between response style and reports of
- Not to know what one knows: Some paradoxes of self-deception. Dupuy, Jean-Pierre // Diogenes;1995, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p53
Analyzes the complex mechanism of self-deception in its social, cultural, anthropological, and religious dimensions. Distinction between lying to oneself and plain lying; Social lying; Choosing one's own path.
- The Evolutionary Psychology of Deception and Self-Deception. Moomal, Zubair; Henzi, Stephanus Petrus // South African Journal of Psychology;Sept2000, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p45
This study was directed towards testing evolutionary hypotheses concerning the adaptive advantages of deception and the relationship between deception and self-deception. Explanations are argued for in terms of the consequences for evolutionary fitness contributing to individual survival within...
- SPLITTING HAIRS. Callahan, Daniel // Commonweal;06/02/2000, Vol. 127 Issue 11, p7
Contemplates on morality and self-deception. Role of concepts and fine distinctions in public issues; Two forms of the criticism of the double effect principle.
- 10 Lies You Should Never Tell Yourself. // Cosmopolitan;Mar2002, Vol. 232 Issue 3, p167
Lists several lies that imply self-deception.
- Happiness and self-deception: An old question examined by a new measure of subjective well-being. Hagedorn, James W. // Social Indicators Research;Jun96, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p139
Describes the Life Satisfaction Research Questionnaire, a measure of subjective well-being. Results of two separate studies involving repeated administrations of the questionnaires to undergraduates; Relationship between life satisfaction and a tendency to engage in self-deception.
- True lies IV. Feirstein, Bruce // Vanity Fair;Dec95, Issue 424, p222
Presents remarks and comments usually made by people who promise to do something special for the Christmas holiday season but fail to do so. Insincerity of persons to follow what they say.
- A analysis of deceptiveness: Incarcerated prisoners. Benedict, Laura Wolf; Lanyon, Richard I. // Journal of Addictions & Offender Counseling;Oct92, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p23
Deals with the issue of deliberate deception in self-presentation. Universes of content for faking-good and faking-bad; Study of incarcerated male criminal offenders in the Maricopa County jail system in Phoenix, Arizona; Accuracy-of-knowledge model.
- Alabama Terror. Contreras, Raoul Lowery // La Prensa San Diego;10/21/2011, Vol. 35 Issue 42, p6
The article on the worsening image of Alabama, wherein the state become famous for self-deception, lying and stupidity unmatched in American history.
- It's a wonderful lie. Motluk, Alison // New Scientist;12/22/2001, Vol. 172 Issue 2322/2323, p70
Examines the social significance of self-deception. Factors contributing to the usefulness of self-deception; Effect of consciousness of self-deficiencies on competitive situations; Importance of the ability to self-deceive in overcoming the difficulty to form cooperative alliances.