- Before `Dot Com' There Was `Dot Steam Engine'. Walker, Lewis J. // On Wall Street;Jun99, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p74
Reports on societies that became economic leaders because of entertaining innovation and risks. Details on the intolerance of Spain benefiting Italy; Effect of innovation and invention to the economy of Great Britain; Importance of education to convey knowledge.
- Sweden: Where innovation meets collaboration. Eriksson, Goran // Portable Design;Sep2003, Vol. 9 Issue 9, p12
Examines the international impact of Sweden on technological development and advancement. Popularity of the country as a hot spot for research and development, test marketing and operations; Investment of the Swedish industry and academia in programs to develop numerous science and research...
- Technology. Long, Cynthia // Academe;Jul/Aug97, Vol. 83 Issue 4, p10
Presents information on technology innovations. Features of the Mac-In-Dos Plus a software application for Windows 95; Details on the Patrologia Latina database, an electronic version of the first edition of Jacques-Paul Migne's Patrologia Latina; Contact information.
- Materials progress: Metals. // Advanced Materials & Processes;Jul96, Vol. 150 Issue 1, p7
Presents information on the use of metals in various technological innovations. Development of a stainless steel automotive body structure by Autokinetics Incorporated; Case hardening steel that can be cold forged without annealing developed by Daido Steel Company of Japan; Creation of a nickel...
- Where are NH's Skilled Science and Technology Workers? // Business NH Magazine;Apr2010, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p11
The article focuses on the findings of the report entitled "New Hampshire in the Innovation Economy: A Plan to Increase Innovation and Technology-Based Economic Development in NH," by John Orcutt and Ross Gittell.
- Get innovative or get dead. Kiernan, Matthew J. // Business Quarterly;Autumn96, Vol. 61 Issue 1, p51
Describes the innovative strategies of industrial companies in the United States. Includes 3M; Silicon Graphics; Canon Inc.
- Breaking down the barriers. Knight, Russell M. // Business Quarterly;Autumn96, Vol. 61 Issue 1, p70
Reports on a survey showing the barriers of innovation among Canadian industries. Effect of social factors; Relative ranking of barriers in Canada and New Zealand; Government incentives to innovation; Incentives to innovation by American corporate ranking compared to other countries.
- FileNet has product pipeline pumping. Lyster, Michael // Orange County Business Journal;10/21/96, Vol. 19 Issue 43, p13
Presents various news information on technological innovations. Business deals of FileNet Corporation; Software agreement between Simulation Sciences Incorporated and Pavilion Technologies Incorporated; Business deal of Subscriber Computer Incorporated and Cable & Wireless Incorporated.
- Ambitious Camintonn retools, adds staff. // Orange County Business Journal;11/04/96, Vol. 19 Issue 45, p17
Presents various information on technological innovations in companies. Changes in Camintonn Corporation; Refocused mail order program of PNY Electronics Incorporated; Partnership of Toshiba America Meidical Systems Incorporated with the University of Maryland Medical Center.
- Rainbow touts co-processor for Internet use. Lyster, Michael // Orange County Business Journal;11/18/96, Vol. 19 Issue 47, p13
Presents various news information on technological innovations. Development of CryptoSwift co-processor by Rainbow Technologies Incorporated; Information on mass-storage cartridge tapes by Seagate Technology Incorporated; Agreement of Enterprise Systems Management Corporation with systems...