Paying the price of settlements
- At Mideast peace talks: `Everything is on the agenda,' Bandrapalli, Suman; McLaughlin, Abraham T. // Christian Science Monitor;12/29/95, Vol. 88 Issue 24, p2
Reports on Israel's peace talks with Syria in Maryland on December 29, 1995 and which will continue again from January 3 to January 5, 1996, in which US is participating as a mediator.
- Hopes for mideast peace. // Christian Science Monitor;5/3/95, Vol. 87 Issue 110, p20
Editorial. Reviews the rekindling of peace process in the Middle East through sacrifices from both the Israeli government and the Palestinian Authority. Stopping of new Jewish settlements by evicting Palestinians, a positive measure; Cracking down on radicalism by Yasser Arafat as a means to...
- Remarks following discussions with Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu of Israel and Chairman Yasser Arafat of the Palestinian authority and an exchange with reporters. Clinton, William J. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;10/5/98, Vol. 34 Issue 40, p1923
Presents the text of a press conference given by the president of the United States on September 28, 1998 which deals with the Oslo peace process between Israel and Palestine.
- Arafat, Barak step up efforts to meet deadline. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;4/21/2000, Vol. 44 Issue 16, p26
Focuses on the efforts of Israel and Palestinians to meet a May 2000 deadline for a framework peace deal. Meeting held between Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Barak and United States President Bill Clinton on the subject; Clinton's planned meeting with Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat.
- The View from Damascus. Al-Azm, Sadik J. // New York Review of Books;06/15/2000, Vol. 47 Issue 10, p70
Considers Syria's readiness for peace with Israel. Events that signify the country's readiness for the peace process; Issues that need to be considered before peace talks can progress; Syria's mood concerning peace with Israel; Reaction of Syrians to Binyamin Netanyahu's election as Israel's...
- Something ventured may be venture gained. Fulman, Ricki // Pensions & Investments;11/2/1998, Vol. 26 Issue 22, p3
Discusses investment opportunities for American companies in the Middle East resulting from the peace agreement between Israel and Palestine. Investors' assessment of the peace agreement; Companies that have made small investments in the region following the agreement; Long-term impact of the...
- The Israeli Position. Peres, Shimon // Presidents & Prime Ministers;Mar/Apr2001, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p15
Presents the policy directives about the position of Israel on peace negotiations with the Palestinians which was issued by Israeli Foreign Minister Shimon Peres on March 13, 2001. Determination of the government of Israel to achieve peace with its Palestinian neighbors; Plan of the Israeli...
- Islamist perspectives of regime political response: The cases of Lebanon and Palestine. Moussali, Ahmad S. // Arab Studies Quarterly;Summer96, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p53
Examines obstacles on the peaceful resolution of Israeli-Arab conflict. Israel's relations with various Arab regimes; Discourses of many Islamic fundamentalists on the current peace negotiations and agreements; Historical importance placed by Islamic fundamentalists on Palestine; Views on Arab...
- Mideast Hope, Caution. // Christian Science Monitor;10/26/98, Vol. 90 Issue 232, p20
Editorial. Answers two important questions about the peace agreement signed by Israel and Palestine in October of 1998. The ability of the agreement to restore enough confidence in the Israeli-Arab peace process to neutralize the role played by extremists in each country; The ability of the...