Australian sexual health services fragmented
- Updating the CDC's STD treatment guidelines. // Contemporary OB/GYN;Aug2002, Vol. 47 Issue 8, p87
Presents an excerpt from the report "Sexually Transmitted Diseases Treatment Guidelines," published by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in the 2002 issue of the journal "Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report."
- In the News. // AIDS Patient Care & STDs;Feb1998, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p83
Presents news briefs relating to sexually transmitted diseases. Decline in deaths relating to acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS) in California during the first six months of 1997; Company which is developing a test to detect human herpes virus-8.
- In the news. // AIDS Patient Care & STDs;May98, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p337
Presents information on news briefs pertaining to health focusing on sexually transmitted diseases. Information on research published in the April, 1998 issue of Journal of Infectious Diseases; Reference to the effects of high levels of progesterone; Details on the nadir plasma HIV-1 RNA.
- In the News. // AIDS Patient Care & STDs;Jun98, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p427
Presents news briefs relating to sexually transmitted diseases. Information on research on the syphilis virus which was published in the April, 1998 issue of `Journal of Infectious Diseases,' periodical; Details on the health risk of high levels of progesterone; Reference to the development of a...
- JAILS LACK STD SCREENING. // AIDS Patient Care & STDs;Jul98, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p513
Reports on the number of sexually transmitted diseases which occur in jails. Indication that a small number of jails have policies for routine syphilis screening; Benefits of having better screening processes in jails.
- INCAS GROUP STUDIES COMBINATION. // AIDS Patient Care & STDs;Jul98, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p578
Focuses on several studies conducted on various drugs used to treat sexually transmitted diseases. Aims of the trials; How clinical trials were conducted; Findings of the studies.
- HIV and STD Prevention Update Vaginal Microbicides. Makulowich, Gail S. // AIDS Patient Care & STDs;Jul98, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p581
Presents news briefs pertaining to the prevention of sexually transmitted diseases (STD). Testing of several vaginal microbicides which can be used by women to combat STDs; Information on the marketing of N-9 products; What is GEDA Plus gel.
- Syphilis. // Nursing Standard;11/14/2007, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p58
A quiz which tests the person's knowledge about syphilis is presented.
- Sexually transmitted disease screening. // American Family Physician;10/1/96, Vol. 54 Issue 5, p1784
Presents a summary of the article `Sexually Transmitted Disease Screening,' from the Australian Family Physician journal dated April 1996.