Movie prices jump in Manhattan
- Epic-hungry Poles send B.O. sliding. Hollender, Barbara // Variety;01/08/2001, Vol. 381 Issue 7, p19
Describes the status of Polish cinemas in 2000. Decline in the number of people who went to the movies; Ticket sales from 1996 to 1999; Reasons for the drop in attendance, according to market analysts; Expectations of distributors and cinema managers for the year 2001.
- MANAGERS GONE WILD. Bauer, S. Matthew // Boxoffice;Jun2010, Vol. 146 Issue 6, p38
The article offers various suggestions for the employees of motion picture theaters on how to tackle and manage the theater audiences in cineplexes.
- There's Something about the Theatre. // New Republic;7/16/56, Vol. 135 Issue 3, p22
The theatre has got the assets to offset its appalling liabilities. Clearly the place, the actor, and the psychology of audiences. To begin with, the theatre is a place. This place, in all its known forms, sets up a vibration in those who frequent it that certain properties roughly suggested by...
- Dinner and a movie. Sway, RoxAnna; Bove, Jessie // Display & Design Ideas;Oct2007, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p6
The article presents information on film theater eateries in the U.S. It is stated that theaters are fast disappearing because of greater availability of films at rental stores, online rentals, and digital downloads. But now, a new breed of film experience is being offered to theatergoers...
- FILM THEATRE. // Image Technology;Nov1986, Vol. 68 Issue 11, p530
The article reflects on the present film theaters in Europe. The author associated the current theater management and problems encountered, to the distribution and handling of film prints available for distribution. The author related that despite on the problems concerning cost of operation,...
- GREECE IS THE WORD. Snyder, Gabriel // Daily Variety;5/17/2004, Vol. 283 Issue 30, p1
Reports that the motion picture "Troy" has conquered the weekend box office from 3,411 locations in its first three days of showing in the U.S. Amount of the overall box office stand; Inclusions of the all-time R-rated films; Percentage of audience split in theaters.
- What's hot & not. // APC;Sep2009, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p113
The article informs that creation of new high-class, high-comfort seating and service offerings has increased interest of people to go to cinema. Many viewers appreciate the quality experience of the cinema over illegal downloading of films on Digital Video Disc (DVD). Some people think that...
- The Changing Geography of the Cinema. Jones, Peter; Hillier, David // Geography;Oct2000, Vol. 85 Issue 4, p362
Presents information on the condition of 20th-century cinema in Great Britain. Discussion on the history of cinema; Development of urban infrastructures and the proliferation of motion pictures; Statistics on the movie-viewing public in Great Britain.
- THE CINEMA. // Ralph;Dec2004, p24
Describes several characteristics of audience in motion picture theaters. Action Film Nerd; Comedian; Usher.