Ontario MDs accept deal
- Physicians moving abroad. Buske, Lynda // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;03/01/97, Vol. 156 Issue 5, p744
Reports on the number of active Canadian physicians moving abroad. Reduction in 1997; Variations per region; Increased net loss of physicians in the 1990s; Increasing number of physicians returning to active status.
- Alberta MDs concerned about primary care role. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;04/01/97, Vol. 156 Issue 7, p972
Reports that 83 percent of physicians in Alberta are concerned they will lose their role as primary care providers to other health care practitioners, according to a 1996 fall physician-opinion survey by the Alberta Medical Association. Percentage of respondents who agreed that there is an...
- Practising in the footsteps of witch doctors. Whelan, Roxanna // Pulse;4/14/2003, Vol. 63 Issue 15, p42
Relates the author's experience working as a missionary doctor in Cameroon. Low priority of local residents for health issues; Linmited stocks of drugs in pharmacies; Language barrier; Lack bureaucracy.
- Rocky road to MRCGP success for an experienced GP. Ruckert, Linden // Pulse;4/28/2003, Vol. 63 Issue 17, p36
Relates the views of the author regarding her works as a physician in Great Britain. Exceptions of the rules of the organization; Details of the works of the author; Choice of consultations.
- Concensus statement targets imbalances in the physician ... // American Family Physician;4/1/97, Vol. 55 Issue 5, p1519
Presents information about the consensus statement on the nation's physician workforce. Organizations participating in the consensus statement; How the statement offers a set of recommendations; How the statement calls for a national physician workforce advisory body to monitor and periodically...
- A legacy of healing. Graves, E.G. // Black Enterprise;Oct88, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p9
No abstract available.
- More of the best. Watson, B. // Black Enterprise;Oct88, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p94
No abstract available.
- Chicago's largest physician groups. Lyon, Paula; Carriere, Rebecca // Crain's Chicago Business;12/30/96 Book of Lists, Vol. 19 Issue 53, p151
Presents statistics on the largest physician groups in Chicago, Illinois, which were ranked by number of physicians.
- Chicago's largest physician groups. Fenrick, Katrina; Pospichal, Marie // Crain's Chicago Business;12/30/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 52, p131
Presents a list of physician groups in Chicago, Illinois. Criteria for ranking the groups; Number of board certified physicians in different groups; Information on number of managed care contracts.
- Checking up on your doctor. // Consumer Reports;Nov96, Vol. 61 Issue 11, p62
Discusses how consumers can find a trustworthy doctor. Databases with information on doctors; Confirmation of a doctor's credentials; Record of disciplinary action taken against a doctor; Malpractice history; Recommendations.