Needle sale restrictions raise AIDS transmission rate
- Hemophiliacs with AIDS file lawsuit. // Drug Topics;10/11/93, Vol. 137 Issue 19, p6
Reports on the lawsuit filed by hemophiliacs who contracted AIDS through a blood-clotting agent, Factor VIII, against its manufacturers. Companies involved; Inaccuracy of information on factor VIII's safety.
- Minimizing risk preferable to mandatory HIV testing in hospitals. E.R.D. // Second Opinion;Oct91, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p154
Presents a summary of the article `Transmission of the Human Immunodeficiency Virus in the Health Care Setting,' by Troyen A. Brennan, published in the May 23, 1991 issue of the `New England Journal of Medicine.'
- PROMISE targets maternal transmission. // AIDS Alert;Mar2010, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p32
The article presents information on a research study titled "promoting maternal-infant survival everywhere" (PROMISE) which will look into the maternal transmission of HIV to children.
- Acyclovir for Prevention of HIV Transmission. // AIDS Alert;Apr2010, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p43
The article presents an abstract and a commentary on the usage of acyclovir as a drug option for preventing the transmission of HIV.
- Trinidad to tighten AIDS-spreading law. WILKINSON, BERT // New York Amsterdam News;6/16/2011, Vol. 102 Issue 24, p14
The article reports that Trinidad is looking to review legislation pertaining to the willful passing of AIDS from one person to another.
- HIV transmission in a dialysis center--Colombia, 1991-1993. Velandia, M.; Boshell, J. // MMWR: Morbidity & Mortality Weekly Report;6/2/1995, Vol. 44 Issue 21, p404
Reports on the incidence of patient-to-patient transmission of the acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS) virus in Colombia. Dialysis center as locus of transmission; Survey of patients; Ban on use of quaternary ammonium compounds for disinfecting intravascular devices.
- Heterosexuals Go on Alert-But Ignore Valuable Gay Experience. Helquist, Michael // Advocate;4/14/87, Issue 470, p23
Reports on the threat of AIDS to heterosexuals in the United States. Heterosexual transmission of HIV infections.
- Sports Safety. Helquist, Michael // Advocate;4/25/89, Issue 523, p21
Reports that the World Health Organization (WHO) has issued a special report concerning the risk of AIDS and athletics. Types of sports that have the possibility of HIV transmission; WHO's opposition to testing or screening for HIV infection prior to participation in any athletics.
- French doctors lack knowledge of AIDS. Dorozynski, Alexander // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);5/6/95, Vol. 310 Issue 6988, p1158
Presents the results of a survey that concluded that French doctors know little about the AIDS epidemic. Media through which AIDS can be transmitted; Need for French doctors' continuing education about AIDS; Protest against the publication of the survey.