Black churches lead the way in education reform
- Children's literature in African languages-A unique project. Mulder, Dr. Jan // Lantern;Aug90, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p72
Focuses on the project of the Department of Education to produce nursery books written in various African languages. Medium of instruction of Black children in South Africa; Information on the project; Result of the project; Contribution of the project to the education of the children.
- Preschool education for black South African children: A descriptive study of 32 Educare centers. Stevens, Floraline I. // Journal of Negro Education;Fall97, Vol. 66 Issue 4, p396
Focuses on preschool education trends for black children in South Africa. Study of early childhood education (ECE) practices in private preschools called Educare centers; Training of Educare teachers using support from nongovernment organizations; Evaluation of the ECE standards used by the...
- The Black Church as an Ally in the Education of Black Children. Tyms, James D. // Journal of Religious Thought;Fall86/Winter87, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p73
Discusses the role of the black church in the education of black children. Definition of church, ally, and education; Problems of the black church in the education of children; Implications of the nature of children; Theory and practice of education; Difficulty of equipping persons for the...
- Special Tasks For the Black Church in the Education of Children. // Journal of Religious Thought;Fall86/Winter87, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p84
Discusses the tasks for the black church in educating the children. Task of revitalizing the faith of church members in reference to children; Clarification of the mind of the blacks about the motive of churches; Preparation for the growth of the religious life of children.
- Black-white achievement gap. Jessen, John // School Library Journal;Dec2010, Vol. 56 Issue 12, p10
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article â€œCourageous Conversations,â€ attributed to "First Steps" in the September 2010 issue.
- Language lessons. Manzo, Kathleen Kennedy // Education Week;4/17/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 31, p30
Focuses on language education on black children in Oakland, California. Introduction of teachers to African-American vernacular English; development of language cadence; Identification of ebonics language structure.
- For the Children. // U.S. Black Engineer & Information Technology;Mar/Apr2002, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p6
Editorial. Focuses on the advanced education in technology and science for black children in the U.S. Number of Black engineers graduated; Comparison of the number of Internet users between the Black society and the total population; Theme of the 16th annual Black Engineer of the Year Awards...
- ARE RACE DIFFERENCES IN MENTAL TEST SCORES AN ARTIFACT OF PSYCHOMETRIC METHODS? A TEST OF HARRINGTON'S EXPERIMENTAL MODEL. Hickman, Julia A.; Reynolds, Cecil R. // Journal of Special Education;Winter86/87, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p409
Examines G.M. Harrington's hypothesis that blacks obtain lower mean scores on mental tests as a result of their small representation in the test development population. Development of two intelligence test forms; Investigation of bias in predictive validity; Differences in special education...
- All Youth Benefit from Black Mentors. Pulliam, Keshia Knight // Washington Informer;6/4/2015, Vol. 50 Issue 34, p18
The author suggests readers to support the African-American managed organization American Federation for Children (AFC), which provides educational services to children of all social backgrounds.