The driving power behind waste-to-energy
- Joint venture snares recycling pact. Wiley, Walt // Waste News;05/01/2000, Vol. 5 Issue 50, p7
Reports that a joint venture of waste management firms, GreenTeam/Zanker, has won a contract to operate a waste disposal facility in Sunnyvale, California. Other contract bidders; GreenTeam's proposed tipping fee; Estimated cost of the contract.
- How to secure LFG project financing. Muther // Waste Age;Jan2000, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p40
Focuses on how to secure financing for landfill gas project in the United States. Need for an understanding of lenders' evaluation of the project; Institutional lenders' reluctance in financing landfill gas projects; Risk evaluation methods. INSETS: Types of LFG use projects.;Cement kiln cooks...
- The 8th Annual Waste Age 100. Wolpin, Bill // Waste Age;Sep2001, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p40
Presents a chart depicting top private waste industry in the United States. Waste services of Onyx North America; Revenue increase of Casella Waste Systems; Liquid waste management of Safety Clean; Rank of the Waste Management as the top waste industry.
- Getting Better with Age. Dempsey, John // Waste Age;Dec2000, Vol. 31 Issue 12, p76
Reports on the rehabilitation and modification of a garbage transfer station (TS). Common or desired additions to an existing TS; Primary considerations in retrofitting the stations; Reasons why a rehabilitation is viable in the long run.
- Stalled station. Peltier, Michael // Waste News;08/09/99, Vol. 5 Issue 13, p6
Reports on the pending decision of Leon County, Florida officials regarding site of proposed county-run garbage transfer station. Failure to agree on how to spend the money allotted to buy site in Tallahassee; Concern of solid waste officials.
- SUPPLIER BEAT. // Waste News;08/14/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 12, p15
Reports developments the in refuse disposal industry as of August 2000. Includes application filed by Startech Environmental Corp. seeking listing on the Nasdaq SmallCap market; Inauguration of the manufacturing facility of Wastequip Accurate of Canada; Agreement of Terex Corp. to sell its...
- How to avoid public outrage about waste. Curtin, Tom // Local Authority Waste & Recycling;Apr2008, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p14
The article reports that the public opposed the construction of waste management facilities in England. Buckinghamshire Residents Against Incinerators (BRAINS) opposed the plan of Buckinghamshire County Councils for an incinerator in the south of the county. South Kirkby Residents Against Waste...
- TO BUILD or Not TO Build. Dempsey, John // Waste Age;Sep2004, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p88
Discusses the advantages and disadvantages of constructing transfer stations. Purposes of transfer stations; Information on the economic evaluation of a transfer station; Rules for screening level economic assessments; Factors to consider before constructing transfer stations.
- Toronto's Trash to Call Michigan Home. Raflo, Brook // Waste Age;Dec2000, Vol. 31 Issue 12, p43
Reports on the search for a waste disposal site in the United States that will handle the trash coming from Toronto, Ontario. Award of disposal contracts to Republic Services Co.; Reason behind the failure of the city's proposed deal with Rail Cycle North; Limitation of the city's waste...