Regs ignite methane market
- Cool deal. Prost, Paul // Waste News;9/9/96, Vol. 2 Issue 17, p7
Reports that Saratoga Springs, New York plans to harness methane gas from a 44-acre landfill to produce electricity to make ice at city-owned rinks. Development of a methane-collection process approved by the state Department of Environmental Conservation; `Energy to Ice' project.
- China's MDI Market Sees Downtrend in May. // China Chemical Reporter;5/21/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p20
The article reports on the downtrend in China's diphenyl-methane-diisocyanate (MDI) market in May 2011 because MDI plants in China and abroad cease production for maintenance, which resulted in the reduction of supply of MDI in the country.
- Locals take a stand against CSG in Ingleburn. MATTHEWS, GRAHAM // Green Left Weekly;7/9/2014, Issue 1015, p4
The article focuses on a community forum and organising meeting held by the Stop CSG Macarthur community action group in Sydney, New South Wales (NSW) to oppose coal seam gas (CSG) mining, which discussed the impact of CSG extraction on environment, and the potential health impacts of CSG mining.
- Tapping China's coalbed methane. Poppele, Jessica // China Business Review;Mar/Apr91, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p30
Reports on the energy-generating potential of methane stored within China's coal reserves as a means to protect the environment and increase energy options. US Environmental Protection Agency's collaboration with the Chinese government to support new policies that would encourage efficient...
- India may Invite International bids for Exploitation of Methane. // Coal International;Jan/Feb99, Vol. 247 Issue 1, p7
Details the plan of the Indian Government to invite private companies at home and abroad to participate in the exploration of India's coal-bed methane (CBM) resources. Implication of the plan; Design of the financial and contract proposals of the government.
- UK BUDGET EXEMPTS CHP FROM CCL. // Power Economics;May2002, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p8
Reports the exemption of the combined heat & power and coal-bed methane producers from Climate Change Levy taxation in Great Britain.
- Hydrogen. // TIDEE (TERI Information Digest on Energy & Environment);Jun2009, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p216
An abstract of the article "Enriched Methane Production Using Solar Energy: An Assessment of Plant Performance," by M. De Falco, A. Giaconia, L. Marrelli, P. Tarquini, R. Grena and G Caputo is presented.
- The power below. Pendick, Daniel // New Scientist;05/30/98, Vol. 158 Issue 2136, p38
Discusses global reserves of methane hydrate. The amount that is twice the world's predicted total energy reserves in the form of coal, oil, and natural gas; Use of seismic profiling to find the biggest reserves of hydrate; Problem of extracting methane from reserves of hydrate; Converting...
- BASF mulls US propylene complex. // TCE: The Chemical Engineer;Jun2014, Issue 876, p12
The article reports on the plan of chemical company BASF to invest in a methane-to-propylene complex on the U.S. Gulf Coast to take advantage of cheap natural gas produced in the North American shale boom and to cut down costs across its business.