Industrial landfill regs insufficient?
- Republicans delay Superfund bill. Greczyn, Mary // Waste News;03/02/98, Vol. 3 Issue 42, p3
Reports that the Superfund reform which Senate Republicans in Washington drafted in relation to landfill sites has been delayed. What the bill entails; Who unveiled the Superfund legislation; What the legislation's proposal include.
- Court holds for county in landfill pollution case. // American City & County;Jul94, Vol. 109 Issue 8, p18
Reports on the ruling of the South Carolina Supreme Court in the Greenville County and The Insurance Reserve Fund case. Background on the landfill pollution case; Hazardous wastes and chemicals in the Simpsonville Landfill; Maintenance of the Greenville County municipal landfill.
- N.Y. county wins landfill ruling. // Waste News;12/02/96, Vol. 2 Issue 29, p6
Reports that the Court of Appeals in New York State ruled in favor of Saratoga County, in a landfill siting case brought by the town of Northumberland. When the ruling was handed down; Grounds on which the town sued Saratoga County; Reason the town intends to file another lawsuit.
- Court lets landfill law stand. Greczyn, Mary // Waste News;2/17/97, Vol. 2 Issue 39, p3
Reports that a federal appeals court in Missouri ruled in favor of a landfill ordinance passed by Gasconade County which Waste Management of Missouri claimed was unconstitutional. Reference to the plans of Waste Management for the development of a disposal site in the county; Information on the...
- EPA rule may save landfill owners millions. Greczyn, Mary // Waste News;04/13/98, Vol. 3 Issue 48, p2
Examines the ruling pertaining to private landfill owners and operators, by the United States Environmental and Protection Agency (EPA), during the week of April 6, 1998. Amount the options will save waste firms annually; Details on the rule; Where and when the rule was published; Details on a...
- Landfill still a work in progress here. ROWE, DANIEL J. // Eastern Door;8/29/2014, Vol. 23 Issue 34, p3
The article focuses on a notice issued by the landfill department of the Lands Unit of the Mohawk Council of Kahnawake, Quebec which was related to the clarification of the landfill policy in the community.
- La. parish official defends practices. Rowand, Roger // Waste News;6/08/98, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p15
Reports that allegations by local law enforcement officers of Tangipahoa Parish, Louisiana, of wrong doing at the parish landfill, is being denied by the state officials. Charges made by the parish Sheriff's Department; Identification of the officer who made the allegations; Comments by Gordon...
- Subtitle D hits 5. Greczyn, Mary // Waste News;9/9/96, Vol. 2 Issue 17, p1
Reports that the US Environmental Protection Agency's landfill rule, Subtitle D, will turn 5 in September 1996. Finishing touches on a handful of remaining regulations; Basic promise of ensuring landfills are environmentally sound.
- Subtitle D's eventful youth. // Waste News;9/9/96, Vol. 2 Issue 17, p8
Editorial. Comments on the US Environmental Protection Agency's landfill rule, Subtitle D. Primary mission; Efforts to ensure that landfills are environmentally sound.