A window to the future
- Upgrade road map for current users of Windows 3.X. // PC Week;8/21/95 Windows 95 Tee to Green, Vol. 12 Issue 33, pS/37
Presents a diagram on upgrading to Windows 95 operating system from Windows 3.X. Evaluation of needs; Re-evaluation of feature costs and benefits; Consideration of upgrading needs.
- Why Linux Is Important to You. Young, Bob // IEEE Software;Jan/Feb99, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p37
Focuses on the open standard of the Linux operating system and the standards implemented in NT. Basis of open systems and open standards; Comparison on the reliability between an operating system and open standards; Benefits which Linux users gain. INSET: Roger Responds.
- Looking into Windows: Oh, what your PC will do. Meyer, Jim // ABA Journal;Sep92, Vol. 78 Issue 9, p91
Lists computer programs from software vendors applicable to the Microsoft Windows 3.1. Reasons for the transition of law firms from DOS-based to Windows-based applications; Product features.
- Vendors to raise curtain on 64-bit Unix transition. Wirthman, Lisa // PC Week;2/12/96, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p14
Reports that the advent of 64-bit Unix will be the highlight of the UniForum Show in San Francisco, California in February 1996. SunSoft Inc.'s plan to augment the 64-bit capabilities of its Solaris version of Unix; Santa Crus Operation Inc. and Hewlett-Packard's joint project to deliver a...
- Unix vendors focus on 64-bit future at UniForum '96. Pontin, Jason // InfoWorld;2/12/96, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p6
Reports that participants in the UniForum 1996 will present their 64-bit Unix operating systems. Unveiling of the first draft of a common 64-bit API for Unix developers; Release of Hewlett-Packard Co.'s HP-UX upgrade; Hewlett-Packard's joint development effort with the Santa Cruz Operation...
- Mac superguide. // Macworld;Jun97, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p104
Presents `Macworld' magazine's selections of the best Mac OS systems as of June 1997. Catergories for office systems; Portable systems; Small-office/Home office systems; Education systems; Image-editing and 3-D graphics systems; Publishing and design systems; Multimedia and video creation...
- NT 5.0 a Windows worth waiting for? McCracken, Harry; Piller, Charles // PCWorld;Dec1997, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p58
Presents the results of tests and comparisons between Windows NT and Windows 98. Setting up both systems; Architecture; Problems; New features; Future of Windows. INSETS: NT closes in on Windows 98.;No-nonsense security..
- P.T. Barnum would feel at home in the midst of Windows 95 hype. Morochove, Richard // Northern Ontario Business;Oct95, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p11
Comments on the marketing hype surrounding the Windows 95 operating system. Tie-in with the Rolling Stones' hit `Start Me Up'; Improvements demonstrated in the advertisements; Launching of the product by Microsoft Canada.
- Should you buy Mac OS 7.6? Tessler, Franklin // Macworld;Apr97, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p34
Evaluates the Macintosh Operating System 7.6 (Mac OS 7.6). Why it is not a compelling investment; The interface enhancement MC OS 7.6 provides; The software components of the Mac OS 7.6; Virtual memory and Resource Manager of the OS 7.6; Macintosh users that can upgrade to Mac OS 7.6; Price for...
- XP SPEED TWEAKS. Yegulalp, Serdar // Australian Personal Computer;Dec2001, Issue 276, p134
Evaluates the system settings of Windows XP. Revision on the menu of XP; Optimization of settings; Arrangement of settings in accordance of applicability.