Ford and Freightliner--the real deal
- Ford/Freightliner sale trucks on. // World Wastes;Aug97, Vol. 40 Issue 8, p7
Reports on Freightliner Corp.'s acquisition of Ford Motor Co.'s heavy duty truck business. Terms of the agreement; Plan to manufacture the HN80 trucks in Freightliner's Saint Thomas, Ontario, manufacturing facility.
- Freightliner buys Ford heavy truck. Lockridge, Deborah // Overdrive;Apr97, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p11
Reports on Freightliner Corp.'s purchase of Ford Motor Co.'s heavy-truck business. Inclusions in the transaction; Ford as complementary to the existing business of Freightliner; Ford's plan to focus on its light and medium trucks.
- Freightliner continues preparations. // Overdrive;Nov97, Vol. 37 Issue 11, p11
Reports on the progress of Freightliner Corp. in planning for the production of heavy truck lines acquired from Ford Motor Co. Selection of a management team; Marketing and distribution of new products.
- (Heavy) duty free. // Automotive Industries;Mar1997, Vol. 177 Issue 3, p19
Reports that Ford announced intentions of selling its heavy-duty truck business to Daimler-Benz AG's Freightliner Corp. Selling of tooling, equipment, technology, and parts related to the HN80 platform; Comments from executives.
- Ford driven away. // Traffic World;03/03/97, Vol. 249 Issue 9, p27
Focuses on Freightliner Corp.'s purchase of the heavy truck business of Ford. Impact of the acquisition on the trucking industry; Difficulties faced by Ford's entry to the heavy truck market.
- Freightliner to buy Ford truck division. // Waste News;3/3/97, Vol. 2 Issue 41, p21
Reports that the Freightliner Corporation plans to purchase Ford Motor Company's heavy-truck business. What the transaction involves.
- Freightliner to acquire Ford's Class 8 business. // Concrete Products;Apr97, Vol. 100 Issue 4, p14
Reports on the acquisition of Ford Motor's heavy-truck business by Freightliner Corp. Deal as including Ford's Louisville and AeroMax Class 8 Models; Benefits of the merger for Freightliner.
- Ford-Freightliner deal done, new name plate forthcoming. // Concrete Products;Aug97, Vol. 100 Issue 8, p12
Reports on the transfer of the Ford Motor's heavy truck business to Freightliner Corp. Terms of the deal; Freightliner's announcement of its plan to locate the Louisville/Aeromax trucks production at its Saint Thomas, Ontario manufacturing facility.
- Freightliner to buy Ford's heavy-truck business. // Fleet Equipment;Mar97, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p18
Focuses on Ford Motor Co.'s planned sale of its heavy-truck business to Freightliner Corp. Terms under agreement; Pending approval of transaction.