Crohn's disease or Crohn's diseases?
- Correlation of MRI-determined small bowel Crohn's disease categories with medical response and surgical pathology. Lawrance, Ian Craig; Welman, Christopher J.; Shipman, Peter; Murray, Kevin; Karabacakoglu, Aydin // World Journal of Gastroenterology;7/21/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 27, p3367
AIM: To determine whether magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) can be used to categorize small bowel Crohn's disease (SB CD) into groups that correlate with response to medical therapy and surgical pathology. METHODS: Data was collected from all patients with MRI evidence of SB CD without...
- Review: One tenth of patients with Crohn disease have prolonged remission. Feagan, Brian // ACP Journal Club;Nov/Dec2002, Vol. 137 Issue 3, p115
Discusses research being done on the natural history of Crohn's disease. Reference to study by E.V. Loftus and colleagues, published in the January 2002 issue of the journal 'Aliment Pharmacological Therapy'; Sources of data; Prognostic factors for Crohn's disease.
- Clinical course and longterm prognosis of Japanese patients with Crohnâ€™s disease: predictive factors, rates of operation, and mortality. Oriuchi, Tatsuo; Hiwatashi, Nobuo; Kinouchi, Yoshitaka; Takahashi, Seiichi; Takagi, Sho; Negoro, Kenichi; Shimosegawa, Tooru // Journal of Gastroenterology;2003, Vol. 38 Issue 10, p942
Background Methods. This was a historical cohort study of 276 patients with CD who had been diagnosed between 1965 and 1998. The clinical course was evaluated by the course of the CD score (CCDS) according to the required treatments. The predictive factors were examined by stepwise regression...
- MR-enterography with diffusion weighted imaging: ADC values in normal and pathological bowel loops, a possible threshold ADC value to differentiate active from inactive Crohn's disease. NINIVAGGI, V.; MISSERE, M.; RESTAINO, G.; GANGEMI, E.; DI MATTEO, M.; PIERRO, A.; SALLUSTIO, G.; BONOMO, L. // European Review for Medical & Pharmacological Sciences;2016, Vol. 20 Issue 21, p4540
OBJECTIVE: The aim of our study was to compare the apparent diffusion coefficient (ADC) values of pathological bowel loops wall (pADC) with the ADC values of normal appearing ones (naADC) and to determine a discriminating threshold. PATIENTS AND METHODS: 60 patients were studied at our...
- REGIONAL ILEITIS: ILEOJEJUNITIS: COMBINED ILEOCOLITIS. Crohn, Burrill B. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;May1959, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p536
Provides information on regional ileitis. Background on the disease; Diagnosis of regional ileitis; Prognosis and medical therapy of regional ileitis.
- The Importance of Diagnostic Accuracy in Colonic Inflammatory Bowel Disease. Farmer, Martin; Petras, Robert E.; Hunt, Louise E.; Janosky, Janine E.; Galandiuk, Susan // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Nov2000, Vol. 95 Issue 11, p3184
OBJECTIVE: Crohn's disease (CD) and ulcerative colitis (UC) may both affect the colon. However, in approximately 10-20% of these cases, it is impossible to distinguish between these two entities either clinically or histologically, and a diagnosis of indeterminate colitis (IC) is made. Correct...
- Dysfunctional Crohn's disease-associated NOD2 polymorphisms cannot be reliably predicted on the basis of RIPK2 binding or membrane association. Parkhouse, Rhiannon; Monie, Tom P. // Frontiers in Immunology;Oct2015, Vol. 6, p1
Polymorphisms in NOD2 represent the single greatest genetic risk factor for the development of Crohn's disease. Three different non-synonomous NOD2 polymorphisms -- R702W, G908R, and L1007fsincC -- account for roughly 80% of all NOD2-associated cases of Crohn's disease and are reported to result...
- Computed Tomographic Findings of Abdominal Complications of Crohn's Disease--Pictorial Essay. Zissin, Rivka; Hertz, Marjorie; Osadchy, Alexandra; Novis, Ben; Gayer, Gabriela // Canadian Association of Radiologists Journal;Feb2005, Vol. 56 Issue 1, p25
Focuses on the use of computed tomography in the diagnosis of abdominal complications of Crohn's disease. Details on the diagnostic accuracy of various intra-abdominal pathological processes; Evaluation and management of patients with known CD for the assessment of bowel wall involvement;...
- Questions in Gastroenterology. Hazzi, Charles G. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Aug1981, Vol. 76 Issue 2, p166
Presents several questions on gastroenterology. Endoscopic biopsy of Crohn's disease; Pathology of advanced alcoholic pancreatitis; Definition of Gardner's syndrome.