- Peptic ulcer pain masked in elderly. // Pulse;11/11/2002, Vol. 62 Issue 43, p12
Examines cases of peptic ulcer in elderly in Manchester, England. Manifestations of the disease; Assessment of peptic ulcer through endoscopy; Increase occurrence in elderly patients.
- Poor late prognosis of bleeding peptic ulcer. Imhof, M.; Epstein, S.; Ohmann, C.; Röher, H.-D. // Langenbeck's Archives of Surgery;Oct2007, Vol. 392 Issue 5, p587
Long-term course of peptic ulcer bleeding is unclear. Because of a more aged and more diseased ulcer population, the long-term prognosis may be expected as poor. In a prospective study, all patients with peptic ulcer bleeding treated at the Department of Surgery of the Heinrich-Heine-University...
- Peptic ulcers in the elderly: Unique features and management. Freston, M.S.; Freston, J.W. // Geriatrics;Jan1990, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p39
Contrary to the general trend, peptic ulcers are on the rise in the elderly in terms of frequency, complications, and mortality, possibly due to the use of and complications from nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). Unfortunately, the infrequency of abdominal pain and the frequent...
- Incontinence and Gastroenterology. // Age & Ageing;Sep99 Supplement 2, Vol. 28, p93
Presents research studies on incontinence and gastroenterology of the aged. Study on acute liver infarction in the elderly; Study on lower prevalence of pain associated with peptic ulcer in older patients; Study on Detrusor contractile function in women with and without Detrusor instability.
- ABSTRACTS FOR GASTROENTEROLOGISTS. McMahon, John M.; Walther, Joseph E.; Stern, Bernard; Albot, Guy; Morgan, Zach R.; Farfel, Bernard; Eisenstadt, H. B.; Brown, J. Edward; Cox, John E.; Riese, Jacob A.; Immerman, Samuel L.; Morganstein, Louis K.; Schwartz, Saul A. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Oct1958, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p455
Presents several abstracts of studies on gastroenterology. "Congenital Tracheosophageal Fistual Without Atreasia of the Esophagus," by Benjamin P. Clark and J. O. Morgan; "Upper Gastrointestinal Bleeding in the Aged," by Wayne H. Thompson and James M. Leffel; "Hazards in the Management of...
- PEPTIC ULCER IN THE ELDERLY. Friedman, Abraham I. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Jan1959, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p15
Focuses on determining the prognosis of peptic ulcer in a group of elderly patients. Ratio of duodenal ulcer to gastric ulcer in the patients; Evaluation of the peptic ulcer histories of the patients; Number of patients who died while under medication.
- Non-steroidal ant-inflammatory drugs and pain free peptic ulceration in the elderly. Skander, Michael P.; Ryan, Francis P. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);10/1/88, Vol. 297 Issue 6652, p833
Examines the attributes of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs for causing pain free peptic ulceration in the elderly in Sheffield, England. Aspects of the drug for damaging the gastric and duodenal mucosa; Ulcerongenic properties of the drug; Impact of the drug on the gastric mucosa of...
- GI problems in the elderly, Part II: Prevalent diseases and disorders. Levitan, Ruven; Berman, Phillip M. // Geriatrics;Nov1989, Vol. 44 Issue 11, p80
When ambulatory geriatric patients present with gastrointestinal (GI) complaints, a complete workup is necessary to determine whether the cause is a functional problem or organic disease. Some of the more common organic diseases found in the elderly GI patient include peptic ulcer disease,...
- PEPTIC ULCER DISEASE (PUD): AN AGEING PROBLEM? Bardhan, K. D.; Royston, C. // Age & Ageing;Jul2005 Supplement1, Vol. 34, pi25
Discusses research being done on peptic ulcer disease (PUD) in older people. Reference to study by K. D. Bardhan et al, presented at the British Geriatrics Society Communications to the Autumn Meeting in Harrogate, England from October 6 to 8, 2004; Examination of the profile of endoscopically...