Medicare--fought for years, then embraced
- Medicare revamp moves ahead. Fisher, Mary Jane // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;6/23/97, Vol. 101 Issue 25, p1
Focuses on the Medicare reform package which was unanimously accepted in the United States House. Comments from the Senate Finance Committee Chairman. William V. Roth Jr.; Issues of the Medicare package which concerns the insurance industry; Features of the legislation which the industry and...
- NEXT STEPS. Idelson, Charles // National Nurse;Jun2012, Vol. 108 Issue 4, p12
The article discusses the U.S. Supreme Courts decision of upholding the Affordable Care Act. It is suggested that the law will help few people to get health coverage but medical care will still be out of reach for millions of Americans. The Medicaid expansion was undermined by the court...
- The solution: improved Medicare for All. Tillow, Kay // Massachusetts Nurse Advocate;Sep/Oct2012, Vol. 83 Issue 4, p2
In this article the author discusses the budget deal that will make cuts in Social Security and raise the Medicare and Social Security eligibility age. It is critical of the bipartisan plan pushed under the pretext of deficit, which could deprive the future generation of a heritage from...
- Much talk but little action likely on Medicare pharmacy benefit. Wechsler, Jill // Managed Healthcare Executive;Jun2002, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p10
Reports the proposal on the Medicare drug coverage in the U.S. Specifications on the provision; Aim of the provision; Benefits of the Medicare pharmacy program.
- Medicare PPOs worth a try. // Business Insurance;9/2/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 35, p8
Editorial. Focuses on the availability of Medicare health care plans in the U.S. Number of plans available to beneficiaries; Information on the coverage of the plans; Details on the PPO demonstration project.
- Medicare+Choice requires long-term fix to address marketplace realities. Wechsler, Jill // Managed Healthcare Executive;Jul2002, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p10
Identifies the market forces driving the rise and fall of the Medicare+Choice program that must be considered as part of any long-term rescue. Market conditions in underlying healthcare cost trends; Commercial insurance underwriting cycle; Managed care plans' ability to negotiate discounts from...
- Effects of supplemental coverage on use of services by Medicare enrollees. Christensen, Sandra; Shinogle, Judy // Health Care Financing Review;Fall97, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p5
Estimates the extent to which private insurance supplements affect use of services by Medicare enrollees. Examination of three types of supplements to Medicare's coverage; Health maintenance organizations; Medigap plans; Employment-based indemnity plans; Tendency of Medicare enrollees with...
- Trends in Medicare supplementary insurance: 1992-96. Eppig, Franklin J.; Chulis, George S. // Health Care Financing Review;Fall97, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p201
Reports on Medicare supplementary insurance distribution rate in the United States from 1992-1996. Analysis of gains and losses in insurance shares from 1992-96; Distribution overview of 1996; Examination of the changes in insurance distributions in fee-for-service and managed care from...
- Saving Medicare: What the 105th Congress Can Do. Scott, Jeanne Schulte // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Dec96, Vol. 50 Issue 12, p24
Explores several options for legislators of the 105th Congress to address Medicare reform in the United States. Implementation of a cut in the reimbursement to providers; Increase in beneficiary contributions; Establishment of a voucher system.