Digital video goes mainstream
Tags: DIGITAL video
- Divx and the dark side of the CD/online hybrid. Gustavson, Ron // EMedia Professional;Jan1998, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p50
Focuses on the potential negative impact of the Digital Video Express (Divx), a proposed pay-per-view movie distribution system that uses a triple DES-encrypted digital video disc (DVD) to replace VHS video rentals. Potential impact on the DVD industry; Implications for consumers; Advantage of...
- What fresh hell is Divx? Parker, Dana J. // EMedia Professional;Jan1998, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p58
Contends that the negative impact of proposed Digital Video Express (Divx) pay-per-view movie distribution system may not be as worse as predicted by digital video disc (DVD) proponents that oppose it. Benefits of Divx for the motion picture industry; Objections aired against Divx; Perception...
- Digital video discs. // Asian Business Review;Dec96, p14
Reports on the significance of the first sales of Japanese-made digital video discs in November 1996.
- Pay-per-play may give DVD a run for its money. // Discount Store News;7/7/97, Vol. 36 Issue 13, p24
The article discusses the sales of digital video disk (DVD) in Los Angeles, California. Effect of DVD rentals on the sales of DVD chain; Problem encountered in promoting DVD; Information on the innovations on DVD developed by High & Seek.
- Improve group delay response in the anti-aliasing filter. Gray, Nicholas C.; Smith, Terrance // Electronic Design;05/01/98, Vol. 46 Issue 10, p120
No abstract available.
- Digital video disc revisited. Griffin, Al // Films in Review;May/Jun96, Vol. 47 Issue 5/6, p75
Focuses on final specifications and implementation of the digital video disc (DVD) format. Projected cost of DVD players; Component video outputs; Significantly increased video and color resolution offered by the medium; Opinions of industry exports on the medium. INSET: DVD chat room..
- Video-conversion techniques ensure a sharper image. Intihar, Bruce // EDN;03/13/98, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p97
Looks at various digital video-conversion techniques in relation to the image quality, with reference to deinterlacing techniques. Indepth look at digital video; Benefits of interlacing; Details on video-processing techniques; Problems related to interlaced videos. INSETS: Interlaced video vs...
- Update on digital video production. // Seybold Report on Desktop Publishing;7/17/95, Vol. 9 Issue 11, p39
Reports on developments related to digital video production in the United States as of July 17, 1995. Includes Radius' video editing program; ImMix development of digital video products; Data Translation's Media 100 video-editing system.
- Color space issues in digital video. Whitaker, Jerry // Broadcast Engineering;Dec97, Vol. 39 Issue 14, p16
Focuses on the color space issues in digital videos. Several sources used to generate video; Set of component signals; Variety of line/frame rates and signal formats; Validity of television camera-originated signals; Signal manipulation of processing video in a computer; Separate circuits of an...
- The surprises of the digital age. McGoldrick, Paul // Broadcast Engineering;Dec97, Vol. 39 Issue 14, p94
Focuses on trends in digital video technology. Advent of color television in Great Britain; Use of off-air receiver as a major source of distortion; Several terrestrial transmission problems; Problems in the broadcasting of digital television (DTV); Increase of commercial pressure on the...